The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Everyone loves it, so much so we have a special word for people who hate it. I hope this finds all of you and yours happy and healthy. The holiday season is a time for friends and family, for hearth and home. We should all be thankful for what and who we have in our lives. Some of us though, are far from home this Christmas. They stand a post in the cold, they keep watch in the night. Our children sleep safely in their beds on Christmas Eve because they stand ready to do violence on their behalf. They that place their fragile bodies between home and war's desolation deserve a little extra in the way of thoughts and prayers this time of year.

I always donate around this time of year to Soldier's Angels, particularly their Valour IT project. They provide voice activated laptops to soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines who've lost the ability to type due to wounds received in action. They also provide video games and DVDs to military hospitals for the use of recuperating servicemen. Times are tough right now, but every little bit helps. If you're looking for a worthy cause, I would submit that it would take you a very long time indeed to find one worthier.

http://soldiersangels.org/project-valour-it.html

Re: The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Thank you for supporting our men and women in uniform Britt.

I am glad to live in this time where members of our military are honored and made to feel like the heroes that they are, as opposed to the Vietnam era. Another worthy cause to donate to is Let's Bring 'em Home!, which is a non-profit group that uses donations to secure travel arrangements home for the lower ranked members of our military.

sigpic

Comment

Excellent post and great organizations guys. One more I would like to add, if I may, that I have been donating to for a while is Child's Play. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Basically, you buy video games for Children's Hospitals around North America. The children then are able to check out the game and systems and have it brought to their room for a bit. Obviously, the more games people buy the more there are to check out and be brought around. This is a great way to help make a pretty crappy experience of being stuck in a hospital for days, weeks or even months go by a little faster for these kids. A great way for gamers to give back the way they know how!

thanks.
      |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

great post britt. i'm not that much in the Christmas stuff but i feel really sorry for the comrades who have family and aren't able to spend the christmas eve with them. but i think we shouldn't only think about them at the christmas time. there are a lot of soldiers who have for exaple a pregnant woman back home or stuff like that, but i guess the hardest time is at christmas as you said. i know how it is here in Germany...

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
        Thank you for supporting our men and women in uniform Britt.

I am glad to live in this time where members of our military are honored and made to feel like the heroes that they are...
        i don't think it is the time, i think it is the country where you live.

there are a lot of good charity organisations for helping soldiers. thank you for posting them.

Ingame name: TG-E1st Gromkara

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X