Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh god, this is disapointing... And its related to me and my life...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh god, this is disapointing... And its related to me and my life...

Well, i got back from the doctors today, it was a follow-up for some tests i did not to long ago, some of you may remember... Its not to serious, but its bad enough. And well the reason for me always being tired is
    Originally posted by PcItalian (My name on my Blog) Date: 6/2/05 at 1:22PM (1M5d ago)
    Okay, so im pretty sure im not narcoleptic, and that im not just crazy. Im thinking that maybe theres something else wrong. I visited my doctor not to long ago(Yesterday) and he told me that my problem might be that im having brain seizures while i sleep. What that is exactly im not sure. But what it does is disallows me to have a restfull sleep and enter what they call REM or Rapid Eye Movement. This leaves me tired and restless everytime i wake up in the morning...

So whats going to happen. Well tomorrow im going in for a EEG at 10, so in preperation for that test i have to stay up all night long. From 10PM till the time i get to the doctors office. I can sleep during the test, but not any time before. I cant eat or drink anything after 12, so im pretty much left up to myself to keep up.

Next friday im going in for a MRI, meaning im going to be shoved in a tube for 35-40 mins while people take pictures of my brain.
    So i my doctor was right, im having brain seizures that dissallow me to enter REM... Not only that but he said one second of brain seizures is equal to one hour of walking up hill. I took a 28 min EEG and during the 28 mins i was recorded "asleep" for about 5 mins... And well outa the 5 mins i was "asleep" i had 3 mins of brain seizures. Meaning 180 hours of walking up hill...

Whats this mean to me and you? Well my doctor wants me to lay off stress(Mental kind:icon_smil);Anxiety:icon24:;Confusion; and also wants me to try not to drive, meaning i cant go to school when it starts... Which reminds me, this is going to last for up to two years. In 4 months i have another EEG and untill then ive got to take these weird looking pills. So back to the you part, this means i might not be online as often, ima ask him about that, but without me you guys may become distressed and discomforted:icon_wink... Anywat, i got about 10 hours of sleep last night, so that probably means i walked uphill for a few days... Now if only i could make myself lose weight from this... lol :icon_lol: Ive got to admit im really scared, he didnt say what would happen if this went untreated, and i cant seem to find anything on it on the internet. But it started in the 9th grade, and im currently a SR(I told my mom i was tired and she said stay off the computer, i would for a week and it wouldnt make any difference)...
    Oyee

Re: Oh god, this is disapointing... And its related to me and my life...

I have sleep apnea and really bad snoring. I often don't sleep well.

Never take for granted the fact that you sleep soundly. Life can be most unpleasant when you regularly don't.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      I have sleep apnea and really bad snoring. I often don't sleep well.

Never take for granted the fact that you sleep soundly. Life can be most unpleasant when you regularly don't.
      You know Wyz i read once that if you snore that you can stop breathing and youll never even know about it, your brain says *OH SHIZ* and wakes you up(Most of the time you dont even know about it) and that can happen hundreds of times in one night. But i think you already know about that...

You can learn alot from those postars in the docs office... lol
      Oyee

Comment

you can use a mask to pump oxygen into your nose and mouth while you sleep it took some getting used to for a friend of mine but he sleeps like a baby now. He looks funny but he sleeps.....and yeah bad snoring like that is not good.

Hope you get your seizures worked out there V!per that would scare the hell out of me too.

Comment

What you described, Black, is apnea. It's what I have.

A mask is one of many treatments. My physician is having a retainer made for me, as my problems stem moreso from my throat muscles than do they from my nasal cavity.

I just want it fixed. I woke up twice this morning, pre-dawn, convinced someone was knocking on my front door. I later decided it was my own snoring waking me up.

This stuff sounds funny until it's YOU it's happening to. lol

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            What you described, Black, is apnea. It's what I have.

A mask is one of many treatments. My physician is having a retainer made for me, as my problems stem moreso from my throat muscles than do they from my nasal cavity.

I just want it fixed. I woke up twice this morning, pre-dawn, convinced someone was knocking on my front door. I later decided it was my own snoring waking me up.

This stuff sounds funny until it's YOU it's happening to. lol
            Wow thats horrible Wyz!!! I hope you find peace in sleep soon, because im sure women arent going to like that...
            Oyee

Comment

I've been sleeping on the couch for the last 6 weeks so that my wife can sleep at night. My decision. :)

Hopefully the retainer will arrive soon and that can stop.

Comment

I feel for you Viper. I was diagnosed a few years back with mild apnea and small siezures. I think mine were different from yours though, they cause me to kick myself awake at night. I also have a tendency to think a lot about things when I go to bed at night so I end up keeping myself awake for many hours. The 3 combined means I get very little quality sleep. I decided to try changing my diet, exercising more, and finding ways to calm myself down at night. I figured it was better than head gear, pills, and more pills. So far it seems to have worked fairly well.

Good luck with your treatments, I hope all goes well for you.

Comment

Ya me too, im tired of being tired... Its been so long since ive had a good night sleep, and with my new computer not running right ive had a lot of stress on me, making things worse.. 4 years is a long time/
                  Oyee

Comment

black ill be praying for you..hope things get better....
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles Viper. I hate it when anything messes with my sleep, but I am fortunate enough to be a very deep sleeper.
                      Originally posted by [CoFR]Bloodbane
                      I decided to try changing my diet, exercising more, and finding ways to calm myself down at night.
                      The more time goes by the more I realise what a big effect diet and exercise have on your quality of life. When you are younger you think it doesn't matter, but if you make even a small change for the better it makes you feel good all the time.

I hope you find a solution soon.
                      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Apnea and all the other stuff you guys are talking about sound pretty horrible. Personally, I used to never get any sleep because I would have trouble getting my thoughts to stop or at least slow down. I tried alot of stuff like sleeping pills(perscribed) and stuff but they didn't help much. So after awhile I went to my doctor and he had an idea that seemed so obvious and I can't believe the thought never occured to me, marijuana. He said it's a natural relaxant and should help. Guess what? It did! I now get around 8 hours of sleep per night but they are all hours of deep sleep, so I am refreshed in the morning too. All I do is smoke 1 bowl before I go to bed and it helps a tremendous amout. I'm just telling you guys so that maybe you will consider talking to your doctor or physician about it. The stuff I get (about $200 an ounce, which lasts about 6 months) is made not to be addictive so I don't have any cravings for it and am definitely not a pothead or anything. Guys try to be open minded about this, it's a natural treatment that has been around for awhile.

|TG|StAsIs
                        sigpic
                        Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
                        Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
                        out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
                        they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
                        Murphy: So what do you think?
                        Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
                        *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                          black ill be praying for you..hope things get better....
                          Praying for me? Its not like im going to die, im just suffering from loss of sleep.

Or at least i dont think this is deadly...

On second thought, pray all you like, i may need it...
                          Oyee

Comment

wanna know whats deadly, i sleepwalk, the bad kind. hallicunations also ( ever woke up at night and saw blood to start dripping out of the wall?) last year, we went on holidays, i slept on the first floor, started sleepwalking, fell of the balcony, fell on a carroof, walked down the street, end woke up at teh end of the street. I can tell you, that scares the S*** out of you when you realize what you have done the next morning when your parents tell what happened ( I usually dont ever remember anything of the sleepwalking ).

so, the sent me to a shrink, once, he thought that i keep back stuff, and just dont share it with others ( untrue ) as to this day, i still dont know what causes this behaivior, so if anyone has a suggestion or so, feel free to tell me.

oh yeah, sorry for the bad english, but im from belgium, and we speak dutch

Comment

Strap yourself to your bed, handfuffs and all...

Im sure your girl friend can help ;p
                              Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...