Dennis is menacing me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis is menacing me...

So, Pensacola is about to get hit by yet another hurricane. This one looks to be about the size of Ivan or bigger. Ivan had my house without power for two weeks and some areas of town were down for almost a month. If thats any indicator I probably won't be online for a few weeks come Saturday. Just wanted to let you guys know I'll be gone.

My family will probably stay here unless it gets bigger than Ivan in which case I will be driving my sister and myself out of the area for a few nights. My parents get to stay no matter what (being government employees has it's ups and it's downs.) Luckily most of the dangerous trees went down last year. Hopefully that will mean less stuff falling on us this time around. I think everyone is taking this very seriously especially after last year.

When I get back I want to see the switch teams/kick bug fixed on the BF2 servers and hopefully some progress on the Blackhawk Down map.

So, everyone stay safe and I'll see you guys again soon. I'll be in the servers as much as I can tonight and tomorrow but mostly I'll be running around town getting ready. Gotta get my gaming fix before I have to go cold turkey. =)

Re: Dennis is menacing me...

I'm in Mobile, AL. So depending on where it lands I could be right in the middle of it. We were going to go to San Antonio, TX but we decided to stay here and ride it out. We stocked up on alot of food and water though, so we should be ok even without water/electricity. Plus our friends have a commercial generator which they use to power they're entire house, and natural gas so if we're out of utilities for any long peroid of time we can go to their house. I'll most likely be off the PC to though, so see you guys.

I have to agree with Phelan on the bug being fixed, It won't let me switch teams even if I'm in a squad.

By the by, how many people are living in/near Mobile or wherever the hurricane is hitting and are leaving?

Comment

Im in Naples FL so It will be messy here too, In fact im looking at the spinning clouds now :P

Goodluck to everyone

Shogun

Comment

Im driving to Pensacola on Friday, if this hurricane doesnt wipe out my Fiance's Great Uncles house. I wish you luck, and hopefully this thing will take a turn somewhere. Highly doubt it but who knows. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Checking in from Tampa, power has been off and on all day, just got cable back :)
          They say its gonna get bad tonight as each band passes through us.

cheers

Comment

good luck to you guys. it seems key west dodged a huge bullet, like a 100 mile wide bullet. it circled around key west so that was really lucky for them. best of luck to you guys. hope to see everyone report back when this is over, or else we will be sad :(

Comment

We have our house boarded up, and we're going out to my Aunt and Uncle's house over in Grand Bay (20 or so miles away) with all our supplies since they have a large house, and propane to cook with. Hopefully it will lose alot of power soon, and we won't be without utilities for very long.

Comment

I'm moving to Florida in a couple of months and this is what I have to look foward to? :(

Comment

Ah, but no blizzards/cold weather. Well, you won't find it cold. Their not so bad actually. Not if you plan and prepare for them. I've got about one hour left before we head out to the place we're using as a bunker. Got my mom's POS mac to watch movies on. My music. A few books. Two Nalagenes of water. Some cloths. My flip flops, hat, sunglasses. Sleeping bag. Two packages of ramen...what? All the essentials.

I'm actually going to be keeping my grandma company at her retirement home, while the rest of my family goes to my dad's office. That's where we stayed out Ivan. Our pets are boarded up in the back rooms. It's finally gotten a little cloudy here.

Comment

It got me too...

Wiped out 1 week of beachtime in Destine :(

Comment

In Mobile it was easy going, neither my house nor my A&U's lost power, or even flickered. For us the wind barely gusted about 35, and there wasn't even any lightning. Mainly they got buckets of rain, which in the end provided a few hours of fun involving an ATV and a brand new, 1ft deep lake.

Comment

Two knocked down trees here. It felt more like a tropical storm for obvious reasons.

Comment

Anybody from Pensacola have electricity and are the phone lines down? I guess ill know if no one answers me because they probably dont have internet access either.

Comment

Ah my power came back on tonight, and cable (a.k.a. internet) shortly there after. Our house survived and we had two trees go down in the back yard. It seems that most of the power is back on in the city and I am pretty sure that phone lines are up. Cell phones work fine. Seems, we got lucky this time around.

Comment

I got a hold of him yesterday but his phone lines were still down. Glad you are all ok, thanks for the response too. Ill be at your sunny beach this weekend, cant wait.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X