Re: Woohoo

websence...what?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

He got by his work's internet filters.
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

thats what i thought we have that at school but if you use aol broadband you can get around it......you dint hear that from me....!
        -Vulcan

Comment

Your office may have hired a guy to just sit there and monitor all of the computers in the workspace. all internet packet requests, everything. my mom's friend worked in a place where they did that and one day, they arrested a guy for running a seperate internet buisness from his work. Security is being breached everyday.

Comment

for websence it logs all the IP's and addresses it blocks...the IT guy at school says to print out all blockages in a 12 hour period would take 600 sheets of paper....dirty kids!
            -Vulcan

Comment

lol, the guys at our middle school were clueless. one day, some guys and me went to the computer lab, swiched the server system to mac osx 10.2 (it was os 9) and renamed the network "cheese!!" and created an admin account named "cheese". man, those guys were stupid. it was hilarious fun. we also swiched the 2 spanish room computers to chinese lanugage. rofl :D

Comment

my brother figured out how to get around his schools security system like websence...his schools computers dint have CD or floppy drives either so he took in a jump drive and they threw a fit...

got called down to the office and my mom whent in a bitchd them out...it was great..now all students can use jump drives..
                -Vulcan

Comment

lol, thats funny. :D the school computers are really crappy at our school, even though its one of the top middle schools in MA (3 highest i think) my dell would be faster than there servers. :D

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                    Your office may have hired a guy to just sit there and monitor all of the computers in the workspace. all internet packet requests, everything. my mom's friend worked in a place where they did that and one day, they arrested a guy for running a seperate internet buisness from his work. Security is being breached everyday.

Using work to make profit outside of your job is extremely dangerous. Most companies make you sign papers that you will not do this. I know I can't even access financial websites from work (to do stock trading). I'm not suprised the guy got in trouble since not only was he wasting company resources he was profiting from company resources. They own everything you use so you have no choice but to abide by the rules. Bigger corporations even make you pretty much sign over your life to work for them. IBM anyone?

Comment

I AM the IT guy.
                      USAR

Comment

cool, so you get to play on the internet while you kick other people off when they are playing. lol :D

Comment

Er, not really. We have two guys on the server team, three guys on the helpdesk team + one over worked intern (I bet you cant guess who the intern is...). We just took down our proxy server for a full implementation of the latest and greatest websence. For like a window of 2 hours I could go to a few extra sites and get on IRC... but alas no more irc and back to site restrictions. Mwahahah but TG still gets through. Win.
                          USAR

Comment

When I was still in school the teachers got so pissed at the IS Department they set up a proxy to bypass all the school's internet restrictions and allowed all the students to use it.

It's funny when one IS Team thinks they can outsmart a school full of IT Instructors and geeks who don't agree with them. In fact I distinctly remember they used the school's security and filters as an example of what not to do, and showed us what someone could do about it.

The place I work for now dosen't have those vulnerabilities, though none of the websites I wanna see are blocked. Actually the hospital I'm at right now Is so locked down it takes weeks of paperwork and emails to get one part of the IT team to talk to another part.
                            I Blame HIPPA.
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Did you intentinally not put a block on tacticalgamer.com? i think you did

*nudge, nudge*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X