Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TotalAnnihilation in 3D!

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/

It's still got some polishing to do, but these guys are working on transforming one of the best early RTS games into a 3D world with new FPS features for the commander and all. Very cool, and works pretty nice, and the price is right..... FREE.

.Net Framework is needed for the Battleroom (applet that is used to choose your game etc).

Check it out, and let me know when you are up for a game or two!

Mito

Re: TotalAnnihilation in 3D!

So you haven't heard of Total Annihilation 2 then?

Comment

I've heard of it, but also heard it was canceled.

More apropriately named for that now is "Supreme Commander" (but still, TA2).

It is however, still not available, and this is. Yes, it will blow away this when it comes out, but this is available and free for current play.

I've played a few games in it already and it is quite fun.

Comment

Total Anhillation was a sick game... I loved the multiplayer. Been so long since I played it. Jump on this (especially because its free...).

Comment

Total Annihilation is still my favorite RTS of all time. Thanks for posting this!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Playing some tonight (Sat) if you want in...

Meet on TS server?

Comment

You need alot of files from TA to play it on Spring... at least thats what all of the TA people i hang with say :P
              The game still has a very active community and many games are still played every day... pretty good for a game thats been around for about 7 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by TEMM
                You need alot of files from TA to play it on Spring... at least thats what all of the TA people i hang with say :P
                The game still has a very active community and many games are still played every day... pretty good for a game thats been around for about 7 years now.
                Not true.

You CAN use files from TA to increase the graphics quality of TA Spring, but it is not required. There are programs that will import the tilesets, unit renders, etc from the original TA set into the TA Spring program, but it is not required. I installed TA Spring on my PC and played several games before realizing that I didn't even have TA installed anymore.

Comment

My bad :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse