Origin of Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin of Name

Hey y'all. I'm sometimes curious where people came up with they're online name that all us folks now 'em by here at TacticalGamer.com. I remember about 2-3 years ago, I asked LpBronco about his. Interesting story. His grandmother called him Lp. His grandfather called him Bronco. Said it made him feel at home to hear fellow TG members call him by such...If memory serves me. Mines nothing special really. I don't have a cool story like Bronco. Mr. Jingles was my second name since I've had CS:S. Just always stuck with it. Everyone knew me pretty quick and remembered it so, why not keep it? Anyhow, whats your story?
    |TG| Mr. Jingles
    Callsign: Preacher115
    End Transmission...

Re: Origin of Name

Syriquez was the name of an evil corporation in one of my short stories way back when. There's more to why I specifically chose it as my moniker but that's where it came from. Nothing to do with Syracuse, NY or any other random thing people associate it with; just a made-up word.

Flarfignuggen is just another made-up word, mainly made to troll the German students that would visit my old high school for a month each year. It's more or less a corruption of the German word (that Volkswagen popularized) Fahrvergnügen or "love of driving"; to wit, flarfignuggen was considered the "love of pranking/trolling/whatever". To be fair, though, I only use this particular moniker in a few places (and back when I played Natural Selection, hence why it is used here).

Comment

And it was very very funny watching people try to pronounce flarf's name on the NS servers. Speaking of which, it was TG's NS community who picked my name. Formerly, I had gone under the moniker "CryForMe", meant to troll people who whined in-game.

Too many people were confused (and looking back, I can see why). So I turned to my good friends in the community to come up with a good name for me as a replacement. After over 100 submissions and a week of voting, Ferris Bueller was picked.

The winning reason seemed to be that since I lack any semblance of skill with a gun (as anyone who has played NS, PR, PoE or any other shooter can attest to), it always seems to be my day off. I've stuck with it ever since and have absolutely no intention of changing it.

Comment

TomKing started a nice thread about this in the PR Forum a few months back.....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...mer-alias.html

|

Comment

When I first joined the TG community and was exclusively playing bf2142 my in-game name was "ArmoredBear". This came from the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip Pullman where the polar bear species (Pullman refers to them as ice bears) are fierce and deadly warriors who wear iron plating for protection.

When I moved onto BFBC2 I changed my name to "Helm AB". Helm is an old name I used in bf1942 and it comes from the "Rogue Trooper" comic. Helm was one of the digitalized consciousnesses of Rogue Trooper's dead soldier friends. Helm's digitalized consciousness was incorporated into Rogue troopers helmet and that is where the name Helm came from. The AB are the initials for ArmoredBear and this came from Guardian x11x who started calling me "AB" and it caught on with other members of the TG bf2142 community.
          "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
          "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

The Dr. Beat is an often feared piece of concert band and marching band equipment. That's right; it's a metronome.

I picked to go as "DrBeat" because of the wonderful BOSS DB-90 Dr. Beat, the best (and most annoying) metronome ever made.

The Dr. Beat is especially hated for it's ability to "count" out loud.

As you can see, my avatar is based off the look of the BOSS DB-88.

So all in all, I'm DrBeat because:

1. I'm a band geek.

2. Dr. Beat "kills" all tempo/rhythm problems.

:)

Comment

My name comes not from old literary dramatic works, nor that chick from Batman, but from a module of my most favorite pen & paper RPG of all time, Shadowrun that I started playing at the age of 13.

It really got the nerd juices flowing.

Comment

I have no idea where mine comes from.

Its the truth :(

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

<-- a really old fleshlight
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

a friend in russia.

Comment

Took it from a game. (hint) The game is in the name.
                      sigpic

Comment

The SuperDude comes from a skit on the show All That that was on when I was a kid/ adolescent. And BT is my initials.

Here's a link of the show.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Fgdv0cEBc

Comment

Heh, All That. I miss when Nickelodeon had clever shows worth watching that didn't eventually devolve into toy and merchandising shills.*

*Discounting Avatar, which is still a merchandising shill, but it's a FANTASTIC shill regardless.

Comment

signed up with the nickname KoiZu and played my first PR game last night. People had a hard time saying my name so I thought to make it simpler ^^

Angelo is a name I used back in '96 (the dawn of online gaming!) when I played Mechwarrior 2 in college. Had a lot of fond memories so thought I would bring the name back.

My first name is Michael and I'm an artist so thought of Michelangelo > Angelo.

BTW, PR is awesome.

Comment

Well, I go by BeSiege82...

Well, since I was little I was called Siege... I think my mom called me that and it just stuck. My initials are CJ so you run it together and when you take the initial for my last name, which is B and you insert it at the beginning of CJ, you get BCJ. Going with the for mentioned spelling of Siege, I decided to put BeSiege, but since 2142 did not allow me to have BeSiege, I just added an 82 at the end, which has little to do with anything...

I use to go by the name Titan and Dove.

Titan is from a name of a ship and a stellar body...

Dove is the direct translation of my middle name, which the name is oddly enough associated with one who bring destruction...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X