Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raise my prices by reason of an at fault car accident?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise my prices by reason of an at fault car accident?

My own insurance carrier simply informed me they will increased my rates because of an at fault accident, but I did not get some sort of ticket for that accident. Is that fair?

Re: Raise my prices by reason of an at fault car accident?

I don't think they care if it's fair. If you were involved in an accident that you were at fault for an they had to pay to fix either your or the other involved parties car, than they have the right to raise your rates. Sadly today's insurance companies basically raise your rates anytime you make a claim.....nice isn't it.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yep, insurance companies are evil. All this money I pay them, should be put into a pot. When I get into a wreck/accident that is the money that should be used.

Comment

Welcome to TG...Interesting first post...

Anyways...Fair doesn't really come into the equation. It's their business to do with as they deem fit. Caveat Emptor...If you don't like the way they manage your account switch vendors.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by estammora View Post
          Is that fair?
          Nothing your past, current, or future insurance providers will ever do is fair in any way, shape, or form. Ever, period.

That said, your wording isn't exactly precise... If you're the one "at fault", then it's definitely going to raise your rates. If you're not the one "at fault", then it may or may not raise your rates, depending on the circumstances. Or in other words, if you're basically more at fault than the gratuitous 10% "you chose to be at those exact coordinates in the universe at the exact wrong time" portion, they'll probably ding you.

:

And if you're a male under age 25, you'll get a rate hike for sneezing near anything resembling a car.

Comment

Did you even try to call them back and complain about it? Problems like this require you to take action by voicing your anger at em!

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
              ...and if you're a male under age 25, you'll get a rate hike for sneezing near anything resembling a car.
              Eh, it's not as bad as it sounds. Just as long as he keeps his grades up and doesn't get into another accident within the next 3 or so years, his rate will come down a bit.

Originally posted by Watch4Meee
              Did you even try to call them back and complain about it? Problems like this require you to take action by voicing your anger at em!
              It's not a "problem". It was a at fault accident, so his rate is going to climb no matter how loudly he complains. Which might actually make his insurance company jack his rate up again depending on how loudly he complains.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X