Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MMOFPS to compete with Plabetside 2 and Tribes Universe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MMOFPS to compete with Plabetside 2 and Tribes Universe.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02...-a-new-mmofps/

Re: New MMOFPS to compete with Plabetside 2 and Tribes Universe.

Meh. If it was a modern warfare-ish shooter ("modern warfare" is generic here, not to be confused with CoD series) that's MMO, I'd might buy into it. The futuristic-punk shooters don't really appeal to my tastes as much.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nothing to pay attention to IMO, Derek Smart is the worst fps developer I have ever seen, decent enough hardcore huge ass space ship simulation from him though, if a bit graphically unimpressive and buggy.

I've actually been booting up UC a bit over the last few days.. Purely sticking to flying around in my super carrier... But oh god.. The fps planet side gameplay is horrid...

Also a favourite of mine - Derek doesn't want realistic physics because he wants his games to be fun and not work.

Says the man who's game has a several hundred page instruction manual ( which is a must read btw if you want to have any idea how to play properly ). And also requires you to micromanage down to the position of each member of your hundred odd crew compliment on your ship.

I personally love that micromanagement but still... A lot of people would likely find it pure annoyance. It's just a text menu you're looking at too.

Comment

I'm not sure if I can dig FPS MMOs. A persistent meta game FPS would be neat (like MAG)... but I can't see how FPS MMOs draw people.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X