Battlefield 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3

So Gameinformer magazine revealed what their march cover will be and well im not sure if my body is ready for this one.

Battlefield 3 is coming this Fall and the new teaser trailer is on the site now.

Anybody else stoked/excited about this game?

JagFreeze is the name, Fighter Jet's the game.

Re: Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer! http://bit.ly/hbNs3q

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

If 64 players/prone/jets is true... then this already sounds better than what I was expecting (ie: Bad Company 3 hehe)

Definitely interested and probably will buy it when it comes out, but my gut is telling me it will graphically look AMAZING, but will play much closer to Call of Duty / Medal of Honor than a Battlefield 2 game, then maps will be small and the amount of DLC that DICE/EA will be shoving down peoples throats will be enormous :P

But its okay, because around the time this game releases there will already be a Battlefield game with 128 players hehe ;)

Comment

Still somewhat disappointed here, ONLY 64 players? Thank god for the PR Devs godlike skills. Also, prone? ZOMGWTFBBQHAX? Why are we excited by that. It shows just how retardadly backwards EA went with BC2 that we are excited we can go prone. I will still probably buy it, but as Fuzz said, many things we still need to know........

Thank god for PR.......

Comment

From the poster "Dice sets its sights on Call of Duty". Should I already call foul?

Comment

Here is what I am worried about. This is a 32 player game on consoles, if the same maps are used for the console and PC, then there are bound to be some balance issues. The maps need to be larger to accommodate the increase in players. If there is not a separate map pack for PC then I suspect we will be disappointed.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Some discussion, research, and additional news posted in the BF3 thread in the BC2 forums, here: BF3 teaser trailer

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                Here is what I am worried about. This is a 32 player game on consoles, if the same maps are used for the console and PC, then there are bound to be some balance issues. The maps need to be larger to accommodate the increase in players. If there is not a separate map pack for PC then I suspect we will be disappointed.
                Yeah, that's the unfortunate vibe I was getting. However, I will laugh quite uproariously if the opposite situation happens and the console players get short-changed.

Ah. I almost gave myself hope with that sarcastic optimism.

Comment

I am going to be cautiously optimistic that the PC version will turn out alright and play to the platform's strengths.

Comment

This might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that they create maps for the PC version first with the 64 player format in mind and then later scale these maps by only using a select portion of the overall, "master" map to fit the console platforms with their 32 player games. Kind of like how the current BC2 Squad Deathmatch game mode uses only portions of existing rush maps.
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                      Still somewhat disappointed here, ONLY 64 players? Thank god for the PR Devs godlike skills. Also, prone? ZOMGWTFBBQHAX? Why are we excited by that. It shows just how retardadly backwards EA went with BC2 that we are excited we can go prone..
                      This.

I'm still massively excited about this game, but marketing features that we've had for years as new makes me a little sceptical. Still, a SP campaign is a nice addition, especially if its Co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                        From the poster "Dice sets its sights on Call of Duty". Should I already call foul?
                        That just ruined my enthusiasm for the game.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I think the whole "DICE sets it sights on Call Of Duty" this was just a stupid tagline that gameinformer did, as if COD is top dog in the video game world. Yes, EA/DICE hasnt put out a huge blockbuster game in almost a year (i think thats when BC2 came out), but then again, not everyone can pour out a piece of crap that panders to the console masses every 6 months.

I think that BF3 has a lot of potential, both good and bad. Besides, even if the vanilla version of the game sucks, as long as they put out some tools for modders, we've all seen how awesome that can turn out.

Comment

They may scale the maps down for consoles. I would hope so, at least.
                            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                              Still somewhat disappointed here, ONLY 64 players? Thank god for the PR Devs godlike skills. Also, prone? ZOMGWTFBBQHAX? Why are we excited by that. It shows just how retardadly backwards EA went with BC2 that we are excited we can go prone. I will still probably buy it, but as Fuzz said, many things we still need to know........

Thank god for PR.......

BC2 was not made for mods.
                              BF3 will be.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse