Battlefield 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3

I am looking forward to this, even as Vanilla. At least its a reversal of the 'gunfight in a broom closet' style of FPS's. Let's hope they don't have perks etc lol. As for Mod tools, don't think so, it's the Frostbite engine, you'll be lucky if you have decent server side controls, I'd be extremely surprised if you see a PR style mod for it, ever.

Comment

Where's the BF3 forum section? This is the biggest game release since BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by Sting79 View Post
        This is the biggest game release since BF2!
        It all depends on how it turns out.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Thought this was kind of interesting:
          Rumor: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition to include revamped Battlefield 2 content?

"Specifically, the Limited Edition is supposed to give gamers access to a special four level map pack containing revamped versions of classic Battlefield 2 maps but redone in Battlefield 3's new Frostbite 2 graphics engine. In addition vehicles and weapons from Battlefield 2 will show up in the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3 along with "unique rewards, new Achievements/Trophies and more."

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Does that mean that the TG server can only use those maps if everyone buys the limited version?

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
              Does that mean that the TG server can only use those maps if everyone buys the limited version?
              No, but you have to buy it.

Folks who don't pre-order the Limited Edition version of the game will apparently still be able to access its extra via paid DLC sometime after the game is released.
              Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

The news I am hearing so far has made me decided to buy it. However I still have reservations over the classes, weapons, commander mode, and health regeneration.

I don't want the classes to have to unlock basic equipment like in BC2. I hope the two factions have different weapons as well. I was slightly disappointed in that the two opposing sides in BC2 had access to the same firearms. I hope they do away with health regeneration as well. I can't stand it in multiplayer games.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I believe everyone who pre-orders gets limited edition, thus also getting those classic maps, one of them being Karkand. It's most likely, people who buy after the game releases, that do not get the limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                    BC2 was not made for mods.
                    BF3 will be.
                    We really don't know if we'll ever get the tools for mod making in BF3. They've made vague hints at tools for BC2, but to my knowledge no tools have been released and the game is almost a year old now.

Unlike some of you, I'm going to leave my pre-order for another few months down the line. There's way too little info on the gameplay aspects of BF3 for me to jump the gun on a pre-order.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'll get it. No question. But pre-ordering now? Dunno... seems a little too early.
                      sigpic

Comment

There will be no mod-tools as long as there is an extra buck to be made with expansions and DLC.

I hope there comes a time in the future in which someone who doesn't agree with the above statement, finds this post and reminds me how wrong I was at the time I made it.

That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post

Unlike some of you, I'm going to leave my pre-order for another few months down the line. There's way too little info on the gameplay aspects of BF3 for me to jump the gun on a pre-order.
                          Indeed, ever wonder if pre-orders had an effect on overall game issues at release? If there are many pre-orders what does that tell the company? I am sure people making the game want to put there heart and soul into it but if they think they could make the numbers they need based of off how many people pre-ordered could they rush it out or instead of fixing something they know is wrong just say ( Ah we know its broke here, but so many people want it we should let it go out the door and make a patch for it later.) Just wondering, but am excited to see it come out.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                            I hope they do away with health regeneration as well.
                            Well, that's why you should play hardcore mode.

Snark aside, blame Halo. Its stain on FPS game design won't go away. However, it should be said that health regeneration is not inherently a bad game mechanic (it's no less stupid than magic cure-all boxes with giant red crosses on them). The problem comes in when it factors in, at all, to people's offensive/defensive tactics. That is, people knowing they can run like suicidal bullet sponges from cover to cover, knowing they'll be perfectly healthy if they wait 3+[x] seconds for their wounds to go away.

:

My general opinion is that health regeneration (and "real" healing, as well) should only work so far. As in, you would only regenerate a total of 10-20%* of that damage. Additionally, you would then make the "real" healing only capable of reversing 30-60%* of existing damage. Charge around and act like an idiot? Pay for it.
                            As for revives... Never more than once on an individual and whether it could be performed would depend on the cause of death (basically how physically catastrophic the death, be it from headshot, explosives, being run over, or something else). And assuming the revive is successful, it wouldn't bring them above 50% health.

From a numbers standpoint on the healing:
                            You lose a total 50 of 100 HP as you ran across the field. You can then regenerate 10-20% of that damage, back up to "55-60 HP" after waiting [x] time (note: yes, it does gain effectiveness with the more damage that is taken before regeneration). However, you have a medic on hand who can now reduce that 40-45 damage by 30-60% to between 12-27 damage, putting your health total back up to between 67-87 HP, depending on the exact values chosen (also note that medical intervention would work only once on an amount of damage--multiple medics wouldn't be able to stack healing).
                            Still not perfect but I'd like to hope it would be better than the existing "LOLHIDE&HEAL" that exists with the current incarnation (basically, my system just makes it so you can't recover more than 40-90% of your lost health--you WILL die eventually and you'll stay down...until you respawn).

Teamwork and good tactics would now be rewarded more than Ramboing and forming medic trains. If I had my way, that is. Though, in the end, you're more or less trading one unrealistic mechanic for another and the arguable acceptability just ends up being a wash.

*Rounded down to the nearest whole integer.

::

Bleagh, I need to stop doing that. I abandoned game design long ago.
                            Last edited by Flarfignuggen; 02-08-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                              Here is what I am worried about. This is a 32 player game on consoles, if the same maps are used for the console and PC, then there are bound to be some balance issues. The maps need to be larger to accommodate the increase in players. If there is not a separate map pack for PC then I suspect we will be disappointed.
                              not to make things worse but i think i read only 24 player on console

Comment

Holy crap meatwad, where have you been?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X