X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust 514, Interview with CCP CEO Hilmir Petursson

Interview 1

Dust Trailer (Actual Gameplay Footage)

Dust Gameplay Part 1 (Eve Online Fanfest 2009, early alpha state)

Dust Gameplay Part 2 (Eve Online Fanfest 2009, early alpha state)

Dust 514 will integrate Battlefield style FPS gameplay with CCP's Sci-Fi simulation MMO, Eve Online.
    I will continue to cover D514 as more information is given.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: Dust 514, Interview with CCP CEO Hilmir Petursson

Just as a quick note, all the game-play was from October 2009 fan-fest and was early alpha-state then. Dust 514 will be console (360/PS3) Only as CCP is trying to venture into that market. Dust 514 will take place on the planets of Eve Online, and the Pilots of Eve Online will be the main source of monetary income for Dust Mercs. The game has several nods to battlefield style game play, mainly to BF2 and BF2142.

Comment

Yeah I really think this game will be quite interesting. Just the way how they are integrating Eve Online with Dust 514. I have played Eve and thought it was aight and found it even funner when I was rolling with a Corporation. I sucked at PvP so I just did mining. Another thing that is concerning me is the 2 console gameplay. Since it will be integrated can their be one server where 360 and PS3 players play together? Likely it won't and will never happen but would be cool to see.

JagFreeze is the name, Fighter Jet's the game.

Comment

Dust 514 will be console (360/PS3) Only as CCP is trying to venture into that market.
        Bleagh.

Originally posted by Jag Freeze View Post
        Since it will be integrated can their be one server where 360 and PS3 players play together? Likely it won't and will never happen but would be cool to see.
        Won't happen. Microsoft has a general bug up its ass about Xbox Live and Sony...well, let's just say it's unlikely and leave it at that.

Comment

Take a game thats "pc only" then creat another game that effects the live universe of the first game and make it "console only"

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
            Take a game thats "pc only" then creat another game that effects the live universe of the first game and make it "console only"
            Yeah thats lots of rage about that from eve pilots, we dont want our planets screwed over by crappy console players.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
              Yeah thats lots of rage about that from eve pilots, we dont want our planets screwed over by crappy console players.
              Easy way to fix it, play it, :)

Comment

Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
                Easy way to fix it, play it, :)

So they should go shell out 200 -300 $ on a console plus the game, just to be competitive in the game there already playing and paying a 15$ amonth subscription for????

Comment

To be fair you'll be contracting mercenary corps out - the good ones will likely stand out quickly from the bad, don't like a corps win/loss ratio? Don't pay em to do the job, find someone else.

Comment

So they should go shell out 200 -300 $ on a console plus the game, just to be competitive in the game there already playing and paying a 15$ amonth subscription for????
                    See and here's where you're not understanding John, if you have a console, play it. If not, oh well. Just because you don't play Dust does NOT make you non-competitive in Eve. I've got no idea where you got that from.

Comment

CCP is trying to tie in control of 0.0 space with there new planetary control mechanic through dust, so you have these alliances which have been controlling space and fighting over it for years. Now, ccp wants to force them to go to outside help to do what they were already doing, and as another smack in the face they make it a console only title. My rage here isnt what there trying to do here it the fact that there keeping it off the pc.

Comment

CCP is trying to tie in control of 0.0 space with there new planetary control mechanic through dust, so you have these alliances which have been controlling space and fighting over it for years. Now, ccp wants to force them to go to outside help to do what they were already doing, and as another smack in the face they make it a console only title. My rage here isnt what there trying to do here it the fact that there keeping it off the pc.
                        It's not going to be impossible to hold sov without dust guys John, I've been playing eve since Jan 2006 and despite how everyone LOVES to bitch about how stupid and or Evil CCP is..they aren't. They wont make it to where you HAVE to have DUST to get things done in 0.0 that would be a huge mistake and would destroy Eve as it would alienate the player base in Eve that doesn't like shooters or don't have access to consoles. It's a lot of rage and speculation and worry over nothing, and no I don't mean you, I mean the people on the Eve Forums. Just wait and see what happens, :)

Comment

I like the idea of dust, but yeah it could have major problems if you can only affect planets through the game, if it removes any power from the eve players its gonna be fail but since there isnt much info on it yet I wont judge it yet..

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X