Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an English teacher in the house?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an English teacher in the house?

Ok, let me present my current dilemma. I have returned to college after a 5 year hiatus and I can't write my way out of a wet paper bag. I need help reacquainting myself with a complete sentence, proper punctuation, word modifiers like adverbs and adjectives. Basically the fundamentals of the English language and how to properly and effectively use them to present my ideas in a coherent fashion.

So with that in mind what books or modules available free or for purchase would you recommend to improve myself?

Re: Is there an English teacher in the house?

My brother is an English major and is studying to be a teacher. I'll see if I can get him to weigh in here for you.

In the mean time, I seem to remember browsing through this book some time ago and found it to be concise, readable, and relevant. It appears that she also has a podcast, too, so you may be able to use that resource first to see if you like her style.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Comment

Re: Is there an English teacher in the house?

Read books. Lots of them. Participate in our Sandbox here at TG and take tips from those in whom sharing ideas through written form is a profession. Just like professional speaking, "professional writing" is a skill that becomes better through use and practice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X