What is the gun in this video?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the gun in this video?

Yes, it's very funny, but in the end, I have no clue what in the world they are all firing. Looks like each round is packing extra powder or something. The fact that a few of them are experienced shooters almost getting their shoulders dislocated says it has a mean wallop.

So who knows what that rifle/shotgun/BFG they're firing is?

Edit:

Eh, guess I finally found out what it was: T-Rex Shotgun. .577 caliber (O.o)

And to top it off, it fires nitro packed rounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41NY...1&feature=fvwp

I think I found my future zombie apocalypse gun. :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: What is the gun in this video?

I want one :) Go duck hunting or something with it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Go duck hunting or something with it.
      I already have one

sigpic
      Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

That is the 577 Tyrannosaur

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

It's one of those big-game rounds, used in hunting animals like cape buffalo and such (in Africa).

None of them realize how large the recoil is going to be, is all. There's another video on Youtube of a guy firing .700 Nitro Express rounds (1000 grain bullets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41NYBHkb9M ). Those big guns are seriously expensive, as they're all custom-built.

Comment

So we're not likely to see one of these puppies out in the battlefield somewhere?

And just how "expensive" is expensive, Gill? Are we talking a few grand? A few tens of grands?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The cost of the rounds are about $50 - $100 each, and are purpose-built for defeating big game animals that possess too much mass for smaller caliber rounds to give a one round kill-shot. Because of the wanton cruelty needed to kill one of these big animals (many, many rounds would need to be fired, effectively destroying the animal and rendering it useless for any post-kill purposes), almost all of Africa has a minimum caliber required for hunting big game, the minimum caliber being .375 H&H Magnum.

A lot of big game rifles are custom built to order, so the price ranges run from $10,000 to $50,000, depending on the gun maker. High-end can go up to and exceed $100,000 dollars. Keep in mind, these are rifles built to fire the non-standard rounds, like above mentioned .577 Tyrannosaur or .500 and .700 Nitro Express.

Comment

Entry-level, of course, can be a comparatively-cheap American brand-name rifle, since just about everyone makes a bolt-action in .375 H&H. Purchasing a $15,000 rifle when a Marlin 1895 .45-70 will do the job just fine for a hell of a lot less... well, when you have a ton of money... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  So who knows what that rifle/shotgun/BFG they're firing is?
                  The video gained popularity due to a recent Cracked article which featured it. Specifically, The 7 Most Stupidly Overpowered Hunting Weapons. I assume you came across it from a viral media feed or something similar that embedded the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
                    The video gained popularity due to a recent Cracked article which featured it. Specifically, The 7 Most Stupidly Overpowered Hunting Weapons. I assume you came across it from a viral media feed or something similar that embedded the video.
                    Ironically no. I was just browsing some new gameplay videos for BF Play4Free when I saw this on the "suggested" videos side box. Who knew I'd be laughing my butt off within a few seconds.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I was gonna say that the gun possibly looked like a german WWII Kar 98K
                      but it's a shotgun O well

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...