Battle: LA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle: LA

I saw this at midnight this evening. I have to say that it was different than I expected, but I was not dissapointed. Great movie with lot's of shooting ETs, and an epic scale. The movie did not allow you to lull into boredom. The film was non-stop for over 2 hours.

Feel free to spend the $9 to see it, as I think it's worth the price.
    |TG-X|Turkish

Re: Battle: LA

I saw a trailer for this movie the other day, looked interesting.
    After what you had to say about I will go see it, thanks.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Anyone else seen it? I am thinking about it but I would like a few more "reviews" on it first. The trailer looked epic but I have been tricked before

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

This is likely my kind of movie. I, for one, loved the mystery and hype of District 9 - which is what comes to mind when I see these trailers.
        Skud

Comment

I just got back from seeing it. I loved it personally, it was personal enough with the people to be kinda like aww dang when someone dies. Then a minute later be like "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT S***? WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?!?"

I think what you can take from this is that its an awesome movie
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I saw it today. It was ok. Too many dialogue cliches for my taste. Lots of action though. A Carl Gustav and a tracer gun would have come in handy.
            "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
            "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Another big budget, blow-em up, alien action flick could be entertaining I suppose, even when I have to endure the cliched 100lb ass-kicking chick character, but I just can't stand Michelle Rodriguez's tough-girl roles. I'll reserve final judgment though, when I catch this at a redbox or on HBO.

Comment

Im gonna go see this tonight at round 7ish....ill let you guys know what I think :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I recommend Rango tbh...

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
                  sigpic

Comment

Was allright imo, basically a whole load of pew pewing non stop shooting aliens with some really dodgy / cheesy / lame dialogue between. Fails majorly in characterisation, development and has a pretty sub standard plot in my opinion - pretty run of the mill bunch of aliens want to kill us and take our planet stuff.

Bit meh that the main character is portrayed quickly as some kind of old grizzled harder than nails war hero with a dark past, which I can only justify by comparison to the relative youth of the rest of the squad. Basically imagine you played Mass Effect and selected 'Sole Survivor' on character setup - that's the depth of the main character.

If you just want to sit back for 2 hours and vegitate to some pretty effective action scenes and fancy effects, you won't be dissapointed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                      I recommend Rango tbh...
                      I would like to see Rango. :P

Comment

I've heard that it is a great movie, I'll be seeing it Sunday with my pops. Will tell if it is good or not.
                        |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                        Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                        We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                        And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                        He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Loved it.
                          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                            If you just want to sit back for 2 hours and vegitate to some pretty effective action scenes and fancy effects, you won't be dissapointed though.
                            That is EXACTLY what I want when I go to the movies. Seriously. If I wanted meaningful plotline or realism, I'd read a book with more than 50 pages or watch the History Channel. I function under the assumption that anyone who tries to cram full character development, as well as meaningful plot into a movie is either making a chick flick or the worst action movie ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                              That is EXACTLY what I want when I go to the movies. Seriously. If I wanted meaningful plotline or realism, I'd read a book with more than 50 pages or watch the History Channel. I function under the assumption that anyone who tries to cram full character development, as well as meaningful plot into a movie is either making a chick flick or the worst action movie ever.
                              Completely agree!

On a side note, the Battle: Los Angeles video game is already out... For under $10.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X