streaming shuttle launch video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streaming shuttle launch video

http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/broadcast/*/livenews1.wmv&sid=500251&dart=news.video

Open that URL in WMP. It's interesting to let it sit at the bottom of my screen while I work today. The launch isn't until this afternoon.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: streaming shuttle launch video

My employer probably wouldn't appreciate the lost bandwidth of leaving this running all day, so for those who can't leave it running all day the actual launch is happening at 15:51 EDT (3:51pm eastern).

I know what you're thinking. Why 15:51? Why not 15:53? Well, I just don't know.

Comment

Because 15:53 would just be silly.

If you care about your bandwidth like al does, know that you're not missing much. :)
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I stand corrected. They've just scrapped the launch.
        [volun2]
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

they scrapped it?

I dont watch the news so whats the story on this, I thought it took off
          "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Originally posted by wushuhero
            they scrapped it?

I dont watch the news so whats the story on this, I thought it took off
            Bad fuel guage, I heard...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Bad fuel guage, I heard...
              There are four sensors that monitor fuel levels and keep the engines from running without enough fuel to make them go safely (apparently, trying to run an engine dry is a VERY bad thing for a space shuttle). Two are required, two are redundancies. One malfunctioned.

At least, that's what I understood from this afternoon's report.
              [volun2]

Comment

nice
                after all the preperations they made for the "return to Flight" mission, makes me wonder if those shuttles are up to the challenge
                "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X