New Site Design - Official Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Design - Official Thread

As you can all see, we have made the final transition to the new site design.

This is the official thread for bug reports. Bugs in the design should be reported in THIS thread and THIS thread only. Stuff posted in other threads will be ignored.

After close to 15 years and almost as many design updates, I fully realize that I can't please everyone with any design. I would respectfully ask that comments in this thread are kept as constructive as possible.

With the amount of time I have spent working on this design, bug-fixing, and generally making myself unavailable for anything other than working on the site, I am going to repeat myself. Please try and keep comments constructive. If you choose to ignore this and go off on a whine-fest or choose to be destructive in nature with your comments, expect me to respond.... appropriately.

That being said; I welcome any and all comments and constructive criticism as well as, of course, BUG REPORTS!

Please read through bugs already reported before re-posting, and if possible, post an image with a snippet of the bug.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: New Site Design - Official Thread

BUG:

Some of the DHTML drop-down menus have incorrect background colors. This will be corrected over the next 24 hours.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Looks brilliant, frankly. Awesome work.

Only small thing I can see that could be changed to be perfect (for me) is the reply to thread, new thread, search etc buttons orange is a bit harsh, and the white on orange seems like it'd be harder to see than black on orange. Looks great otherwise though.

Comment

looks good and threads load much faster for me... :icon14::icon14:

Comment

Great work Apo!

sigpic

Comment

I really like the new theme. Easy on the eyes, good to read.

I noticed one thing: In the General Discussion forum I selected the "Forums Actions" and clicked "Mark forums read" - until now this marked the currently selected forum read. Now it marks all of TG as read. Is this intended this way? I prefered the old way, only marking the currently browsed forum as read.
            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Looks really nice, good job well done

i echo Delta Five Nine's comment regarding the white on orange, kinda makes my eyes go funny

just need someone to now sort my sig to match the new coloured background!
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Good stuff boss, real good stuff.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Well, when I first saw it, it wasn't my favorite, however it is quickly growing on. Either way, very good job.

Comment

The mark forum read works just fine for me... It will only mark read the forum I am in at the moment

One other thing I noticed , very minor, is the moderation tools. You can hardly see what the options are unless you highlight them.
                    - - -

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                      I noticed one thing: In the General Discussion forum I selected the "Forums Actions" and clicked "Mark forums read" - until now this marked the currently selected forum read. Now it marks all of TG as read. Is this intended this way? I prefered the old way, only marking the currently browsed forum as read.
                      Ok, my fault. I used the "Forums Actions" top left and not the "Forum tools" top right.
                      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Overall I like the changes, I agree with some of the above posters that mention some of the brighter colours like the yellows and oranges are a bit too bright for me, I think keeping the colours is fine but maybe make then a bit darker shade.

Comment

Yeah darken the oranges and yellows, but otherwise this layout is a very welcome change to the old poop brown background.

Also any deleted threads are bright gray in the thread list, that's rather annoying.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

The new design is an improvement over the old one, but:

1. on 17'', 4:3 aspect ratio screen with 1024x768 resolution the forum is wider than the screen so there is horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that I have to scroll to see what is far right on the screen (previous version was fitting to screen wide) – see the screen shot – TG screen shot.jpg;

2. "Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread Display" – those buttons are to close to each other, there should be larger space between them, like "Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread Display".

Web browser used – Firefox 4.0.

Just noticed in my post: "Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread Display" – I did 4 spaces between every button name but it still looks like one. Why is that?
                            Last edited by inrobert; 04-15-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Great look boss! The only problem I see is the White on White in the reply box.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X