Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG ADMINS please read very important! for the safey of the TG site.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG ADMINS please read very important! for the safey of the TG site.

so today i wanted to go to a web site run by same type of company that TG is using "vBulletin"
    well i go to the site and BOOM it got hacked by what seems to by a person going by Contra from RECording.org.
    it was my favorite i go so i went up to google and i looked around and see whats going on.

seem like a lot of people lost there web sites by the same person.
    here is a link from the vBulletin forum
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ne-please-help

i think all the admins or who ever is running the site should take precautions.

also on the side note. whats up with all the hacking
    first
    -Sony's PSN still down and a lot of credit card information ( i was signed up with the PSN with my CC info) got hacked.
    -ArmA 2's web site got hacked
    -vBulletin web sites are getting hacked. safety
    AKA: FoxDelta

My PC.
    Case: NZXT M59,
    ASUS Mother Board M4A77D,
    AMD Phemon II x4 3.2GHz ,
    GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
    DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
    PSU: Crosair 650w
    Res 1920x1080

Re: TG ADMINS please read very important! for the safey of the TG site.

The vBulletin link to the thread states in one of the posts by the OP that he is using vBulletin Version 3.8. TG is using vBulletin Version 4.1.3. Might just be a problem with the 3.8 version, possibly?

I also believe Bohemia (ARMAII) are still using the 3.8 version as well for their forums.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Comment

yeah i was looking into it and seems like a lot of people who updated got hit hard. but also it seems that people who downloaded a hack too advance form tools or something like that got hit too. but ill like the people in TG know whats going on and just take a careful look into there stuff to make sure.

gosh im starting to hate these hackers a lot more. hitting innocent people's web sites for no reason at all.
      AKA: FoxDelta

My PC.
      Case: NZXT M59,
      ASUS Mother Board M4A77D,
      AMD Phemon II x4 3.2GHz ,
      GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
      DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
      PSU: Crosair 650w
      Res 1920x1080

Comment

The issue is largely with a specific plugin that we do NOT run here. I try and seriously limit what we run for this very reason. Not all third party developers do proper code review and testing so you can have the most secure site in the world and then add a third party piece of code and it all goes to hell.

Thanks for the link though! It was certainly worth reading!
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Also as a side note, ArmA 2 was not hacked, it looks like some more strange PR that they are running for more DLC I imagine, using their own news network called AAN news.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X