Junk Food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Food

This is my kryptonite. My Waterloo. I'm not talking about packaged snacks here, BTW. I'm talking about your favorite drive ins, food trucks, bar eats, etc. Get in the nitty gritty, share the local/regional spots so if your TG brethren are ever in the area, they know whats up.

Wawa

Can be found in NJ, PA, MD, PE, VA and possibly other places. I've been to ones in all the states listed, including one that straddled the MD/DE line. 24/7 made to order hoagies, fantastic ice cream, and all kinds of awesome teas and juices. Plus, in VA, beer. Where else can you get a six pack, a 2 foot sub, and a tank of gas in one spot?

Cookout

One just opened in my city, but they are mostly in NC. Charcoal grilled burgers, dogs, and chicken. All manner of side dishes and 40 some varieties of milkshake. Home of The Tray, which is a choice of entree, two sides, and a drink for under 6 books. Lipitor not included.

Hardees

They're nationwide, but they're fantastic. I have literally been able to go to work after a night out only because I promised myself a chicken biscuit and a sweet tea on the way.

Re: Junk Food

Sonic America's Drive In - All over the place now. Their burgers are great, and you can add jalapenos, chili or cheese, to just about everything. Their drink selection is off the chain.

Braum's - TX,OK,MO,AR,KS. These have fantastic burgers, smaller selection, but damn their really good, bacon is always crispy. Their also a ice cream parlor, and a small grocery store.

Whataburger -AZ,NM,TX,OK,AR,LA,MS,AL,GA, and FL. What can I say? They put mustard on their burgers by default, the American way. Burgers are large size, and their fries can compete with McDonald's in taste. Another place that has lots of options available, add whatever you want to your burger, that they offer.

Comment

Sonic is a real tease. I get Sonic commercials on TV but the closest location is like 125 miles away.

If you're ever near the Rutgers University campus in New Brunswick, NJ, definitely check out the Grease Trucks, if they are still there. They were based out of trucks with a small kitchen in the back and were known for their sub sandwiches containing all kinds of goodies. My favorite was the "Fat Cat" consisting of two cheeseburgers, french fries, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup on a sub roll. Though the "Fat Moon" was quite good too, consisting of fried chicken fingers, bacon, fried eggs, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup on a sub roll. They were all really cheap and wonderfully greasy. I haven't been in a decade. :(

[edit] Apparently they are still around!

"Fat Darrell:" fried chicken fingers, fried mozzarella sticks, french fries and marinara sauce! 1,718 calories, 143 grams of carbohydrates and 78 grams of fat.

Comment

I think I heard about those on Food Network. Those sandwiches looked like a pure heart attack, rolled up in delicious.

Comment

I spent a week at Rutgers for a conference and I think our group ended up for midnight sandwich there each night after getting out of the bars. Oh man. Perfect after-drinking or hangover food.

Comment

The Awful Waffle, or Waffle House. Open 24 hours everyday of the year (even after a devastating hurricane as I can attest to). No matter what time of day you go, always order a side of hashbrowns "all the way":

Scattered on the grill
            Smothered in onions
            Covered in cheese
            Chunked with smoked ham
            Diced with tomatoes
            Peppered with jalapenos
            Capped with mushrooms
            Topped with chili
            Countryfied with sausage gravy

Oh, they make a pretty mean waffle too.

Originally posted by Britt View Post
            Wawa
            Good call, but Sheetz has got 'em beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
              Cookout
              Ditto.

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
              Sonic America's Drive In
              Ditto.

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
              Whataburger
              Ditto.

Blake's Lotaburger - NM. More or less just like a Whataburger. Whenever I'm visiting my parents in Carlsbad this is my primary source of sustenance.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                Sonic is a real tease. I get Sonic commercials on TV but the closest location is like 125 miles away.

If you're ever near the Rutgers University campus in New Brunswick, NJ, definitely check out the Grease Trucks, if they are still there. They were based out of trucks with a small kitchen in the back and were known for their sub sandwiches containing all kinds of goodies. My favorite was the "Fat Cat" consisting of two cheeseburgers, french fries, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup on a sub roll. Though the "Fat Moon" was quite good too, consisting of fried chicken fingers, bacon, fried eggs, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup on a sub roll. They were all really cheap and wonderfully greasy. I haven't been in a decade. :(

[edit] Apparently they are still around!

"Fat Darrell:" fried chicken fingers, fried mozzarella sticks, french fries and marinara sauce! 1,718 calories, 143 grams of carbohydrates and 78 grams of fat.
                We have those on every corner on Aruba. Aruban delight :)

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                  The Awful Waffle, or Waffle House. Open 24 hours everyday of the year (even after a devastating hurricane as I can attest to). No matter what time of day you go, always order a side of hashbrowns "all the way":

Scattered on the grill
                  Smothered in onions
                  Covered in cheese
                  Chunked with smoked ham
                  Diced with tomatoes
                  Peppered with jalapenos
                  Capped with mushrooms
                  Topped with chili
                  Countryfied with sausage gravy

Oh, they make a pretty mean waffle too.

Good call, but Sheetz has got 'em beat.
                  I take em without caps or chunks.

Oh, and Sheetz is an inferior imitator of Wawa. Wawa is the real deal.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X