AMD; Processer or My next death wish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD; Processer or My next death wish?

Okay, so my life sucks big time, my mom was just diagnosed with AMD (Age-Related Macular Degeneration) witch means that in due time she may be considered blind.

This is sad for her, but my life with my mother was never the best, i care for her ya, shes my mother its in my DNA to care for her, but i living with my dad (Devorced) because of undisclosed reasons with liveing with my mother...

Some of the symptomes of Age-Related Macular Degeneration are apearing in my vision... I have an appointment Friday to see the Eye Doctor.

Though this is found in older aged people, it isnt rare to find it in other people, my mom said that she started noticeing things like this when she was 20, im 17 now, and im not half as active as my mother was when i was her age, so it could have started earlyer...

Major problems with AMD, Well, take a look at the Symptoms page(Little Flash object) on this site:
    http://www.amdhelp.com/whatis.asp

Its practicly Reverse Tunnel Vision... Witch means, no computer gaming, no driveing, NO FUN COMPUTER ENGINEERING CAREER!!! Well, its not that bad yet, and it took 40 years for my mother to notice it enough to go to a doctor, if i catch it now, i could stop it or slow it down enough to make something of myself. And hopfully its the Wet AMD and not Dry, because Dry is uncureable...

Is it just me or do i seem to be turning this forum into a blog? j/k

Just wanted to hear your guys'es opinions about my crazy ordeal...
    Oyee

Re: AMD; Processer or My next death wish?

Sorry to hear about the situation. Hopefully you have caught it early and they can be pro-active with it, if you actually do have it.

My families thoughts and prayers are with you...

Comment

We will keep you all in our thoughts, of course. The good news is this is normaly slow moving. Don't throw in the towel yet.

Comment

Yes, sorry to hear about this. Situations involving the unkown future are always scary. Hang in there.

Comment

I found a simulator of what may happen...

http://www.visionsimulator.com/amd.asp

This is really scary, i hope i dont have it... But it sucks my mom does...
          Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X