Toxic toys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic toys?

I follow a "news" program on youtube and yesterday the guy posted a link to a video about toys that may be harmful. The only toy I recognized from the video was the ducks and soccer balls. My son loves the ducks and the company that made the ducks (mommy duck and 3 ducklings) also made hippo and frog variants...
    Is this overblown or should there be concern? I tossed all the ducks in the trash to be safe. I live in US, so did these products make it into our stores? Not all that much info on Greenpeace site. Any of you guys hear about this?

http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ne...and-china.html
    Fear is the mother of all gods. Nature does all things spontainiosly by herself without their meddling.

Re: Toxic toys?

Better safe then sorry I suppose, but the odds are on your side. To hear some people talk, especially the enviro weenies, it's a miracle anyone born before 1970 survived to adulthood without freakish mutation.

Doing some research, it looks like these phthalates are being blamed for breast cancer, autism, obesity, premature puberty, asthma, and a bunch of other stuff. Looks to me to be the latest boogeyman cooked up by those who want more control over the world. They put this stuff in all kinds of cleaning supplies, medicine, building materials, and plastic. If it were really dangerous, we'd all be sick from it.

Comment

I hear ya. I can't find much more info from the Greenpeace. Typically stuff like this will get picked up and a recall will go out or something. It's been a week now and nothing.
      Not too sure pre-1970 folk fared all that well. I'm 30, and when I told to some of the older people, and hear about the laws being passed. I really do wonder... :p
      Maybe it's just the lead water mains. Yup, it's illegal for us to have lead pipes it in our houses, but all the piping going to the houses are lead. Here's your sign.
      Fear is the mother of all gods. Nature does all things spontainiosly by herself without their meddling.

Comment

For real though, the key thing is the lethal dose. So having 20 feet of lead pipe is perfectly harmless, whereas having 10 miles or so of lead pipe would be somewhat hazardous. So it's not as stupid as it looks at first glance to have lead pipes running from the main to your house.

We don't go to the ER for a paper cut, and we don't ban plastic because 1 in 1,000,000 people will get sick from it. Risk is about odds, fundamentally. Nothing in the world is perfectly safe.

Comment

Lead levels in city are rather high, but there are other factors other than the water system. There are many ways to absorb toxins. It is important to have your children tested. Here it is mandatory to have your child tested for heavy metals so that in itself may contribute to higher numbers.
          I'm just saying that years ago such testing was not done and I believe it has effected some of the older folk in our community. ;)

http://www.leaderherald.com/page/con....html?nav=5011

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X