Listening to music while playing games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to music while playing games

We have a huge thread about what music we currently are listening to, but I was thinking:

Do you listen to music while you play?

I do it on occasion, mostly early evenings when nobody is on TS.

The funny thing is that I often find myself performing better when the sound effects are barely audible and I have music pumping in my ears.

I usually listen to many different genres of music, but when it comes to BC2 and Quake Live it has to be "hard" stuff.

For example:

These are some of the songs I listen to while I game, when i am not playing I listen to all kinds of music. I like The Eels, Foo Fighters, Prodigy, The Chemical brothers, Deadmau5, and for some reason Lady Gaga :)
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: Listening to music while playing games

Only when I'm playing Civ V alone.

Comment

I like to jam my classic rock when playing any of the GTA series of games.

sigpic

Comment

Civ V sounds like an excellent game to listen to music while playing, I used to listen to some classical music while playing Civ IV.

GTA is another great example, but I usually only listen to the ingame music, I love those soundtracks.

Comment

Generally only when playing some lax SP game, like one of the Civ series, sometimes GTA etc like mentioned above.

Otherwise, no, because I always find myself preforming worse when I can't hear footsteps/gunshots etc in shooters and not being able to shift by engine note and etc in racing games.

Comment

I normally don't listen to music while playing. I find that it breaks my concentration.
            "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

Comment

Nowadays i donīt listen to music while I play, the ingame audio is to important. When I was a teen though, and I went to the arcade the perfect song in my walkman could really help me get into the zone. Having your initals on the top spot was important.

sigpic

Comment

@Vita158: Prodigy, nice!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse