Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth behind soccer players "faking" injuries.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth behind soccer players "faking" injuries.

Soccer is ruined for me, everytime a player goes down I will see this gif in my head.

"Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: The truth behind soccer players "faking" injuries.

That's brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

that is awesome, pretty much the reason that i gave up with watching/following football years ago.
      AnimalMother
      Ex TG-31st LR
      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Football is not the only sport people fake injuries, just the most popular. Me having played football knows that when you're running at such speeds like the pro's do, a very faint touch can bring you off balance and make you trip. Some players do act to make it seem more of a foul than it rly is. Is it bad and wrong? YES! Is it the only sport that has it? definitely not.

Football is a world sport and will always be more loved and is in my opinion funner to play. Unlike american football which is only loved in the U.S with some small pockets of support outside the states, because outside the states they love rugby instead of american football.

Let's see how the U.S does against Spain tonight.

Comment

Do these faked acts of drama actually get any penalties? Does soccer/football not have instant replay for the refs to review like American football?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
            Do these faked acts of drama actually get any penalties? Does soccer/football not have instant replay for the refs to review like American football?
            Not usually and no

Comment

In NHL hockey players get penalties for faking/dramatizing fouls or injuries. I wish it was the same in every sport.
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                In NHL hockey players get penalties for faking/dramatizing fouls or injuries. I wish it was the same in every sport.
                Amen to that.

Comment

LOL
                  GO THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL AND CHICAGO BEARS!!

By the way very funny video

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                  Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                    Diving can incur a yellow card if it is detected. However, there is no instant replay, only one referee that can call it, and, as mentioned, someone running full tilt down a field while exhausted can actually fall in a pretty dramatic fashion when their legs come out from underneath them unexpectedly. So, you don't see cards too often for it, but FIFA is trying to increase the penalties. Everyone diving in the manner seen above would almost certainly be carded.
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

LOL, that gif is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
                      "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

In all honesty that last one, yellow shirt #11? That was more fail than dive lol

Comment

Watching the WC last year really turned me off to the sport because of this.

At least at the international level, soccer seems to have devolved to something just above professional wrestling.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X