Not sure where this goes but: New Gamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where this goes but: New Gamer

Hello TG, I've been gaming for around 7 years, got into FPS games around the BF2 heyday, but I've slowly grown apart from the FPS community because of how bad the obsession with exploits is. About a year ago, after a horrible match of hackers vs. glitchers, I spent 2 weeks without a voice because of a ragequit. When I realized my PvP/Multiplayer gaming had messed me up to such a point, I completely removed all my competitive games and have been stuck with single player stuff ever since. On the flip side, Morrowind and Mass Effect 2 were great...

However, I hear that TG is heavily focused on realistic-ish based co-operative gameplay. I'm really hoping to get into the co-op gameplay, but I also want to find some mature gamers that don't treat me like a noob because I hate competitive gaming.

Currently I have L4D 1/2, OFP: DR, Raibow Six 3 Gold, Chaos Theory and Conviction, Borderlands, I could install BF2, 1942, and 2142, but only for co-op. AA2/3 would be possible, but I'd like to again stress I'm only interested in co-op.

So which games should I look for? I'm not a big fan of CoD, #4 had a horrible camera bug and MW2 sunk any odds of me ever getting another. I've been thinking about Arma2 once it goes free and I can try it out, but camping snipers all over the hilltops doesn't sound fun.

Re: Not sure where this goes but: New Gamer

Welcome to TG DaHero!

What you described in your first paragraph is exactly why TG exists. We have a very high set of standards for our members and the gameplay we promote. Mature, fun, organized. Thats how we roll. Exploits are not even something that gets brought up around here unless its done by one of our awesome admin teams laying down rules about what happens if someone gets caught using one.

We are absolutely focused on realistic gameplay. For a bit more on that, please read our primer. We're also very big into communication. Its by no means required, but we have our own dedicated teamspeak server that is generally populated 24 hours a day.

As far as the titles you might want to look into, and based on what you've said you own, I'd recommend looking into Project Reality, which is a BF2 mod that seeks to bring BF2 as close to the real world as it can get. MASSIVE 4KM maps, completely overhauled weaponry, logistics and vehicles. It's a great game to get into at TG. Also, since you mentioned picking up ArmA 2, we have unquestionably THE best ArmA community out there and these guys are always hungry to get new players on board.

But enough talking from me, do yourself a favor and roam around the forums! Maybe you'll find something else that piques your interest that hasnt been mentioned here. Dont be afraid to post in any thread on the forums and offer your two cents, we dont have any restrictions on who can say what (unless its admin matters, of course) and nobody is going to jump down your throat for being new.

Again, welcome to TG, I think you're gonna like it here.

Comment

Welcome to TG DaHero! :)

There are quite a few here who enjoy L4D 1/2. If you ever want a game in L4D2, hop TS or add me on Steam.

I'm also really into co-op games and since you mention it, have you looked at Brink? It's a co-operative shooter (similar to Team Fortress 2) where you can play with up to 7 buddies online through the campaign (if you don't want to play PvP). I've had the game since release and after the last patch, all the bugs are gone and the first DLC is coming sometime this month. This might be a title you might want to look into. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hi, welcome to TG! We've got a Steam group for TG, and a specific group for the Left 4 Dead games.
        Also, as Ferris mentioned, we have a large ArmA community which does co-op and TvT gaming.
        Hope this helps!
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Welcome to TG DaHero! :)

There are quite a few here who enjoy L4D 1/2. If you ever want a game in L4D2, hop TS or add me on Steam.

I'm also really into co-op games and since you mention it, have you looked at Brink? It's a co-operative shooter (similar to Team Fortress 2) where you can play with up to 7 buddies online through the campaign (if you don't want to play PvP). I've had the game since release and after the last patch, all the bugs are gone and the first DLC is coming sometime this month. This might be a title you might want to look into. :)
          I was really interested in Brink when it first came out, but with nobody to play it with I didn't think I was going to enjoy it.

As of now I'm downloading PR for BF2, but still need to install BF2. It's going to take me about a day to get setup but I've used mods before. I'll be joining the TG steam group very shortly, just need to get through with this computer assignment (college...)

Comment

Welcome! I think you'll like it here! Totally make sure you get hooked up with Teamspeak to join the talk!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X