Steams 'Summer Camp Sales!'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steams 'Summer Camp Sales!'

So it looks like Steam is at it again with a HUGE series of 24 hour sales over the next ten days as part of their 'Summer Camp Sale.' For Example I just got Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for 75% off!

You will need to act fast as again all sales are only for a limited time (clock seems to reset at 1pm east coast) But as with prior Steam sales there will be a new batch of fun for each day of the week!

http://store.steampowered.com/

~ Draken

Re: Steams 'Summer Camp Sales!'

Oh yes, I saw the sale yesterday. I picked up Elder Scrolls 4 and the remaining Borderlands DLC I didn't have. I love Steam sales.
    "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

Today's sale makes me kind of laugh. I have a couple of people keeping an eye on Total War:Shogun2 and were waiting to see if it would have a really low daily deal price. Event price? $33.49. Daily deal price? $29.99. Well, at least they won't have to wait until the last day.

Comment

I just bought Spacechem and KotOR. If you haven't played Spacechem, buy it now.
        It's a puzzle game based on chemical engineering. You have these tiny robots (called Waldoes) that can pick up atoms (yes, the robots are made of atoms, I know, just run with it) and move them around. You might be given hydrogen and oxygen and be told to make water. So you set the robots to pick up an H atom and an O atom, and move them to a certain place and join them together. Then you tell them to get another H atom and join it to the OH molecule, before taking the water molecule to the exit point. But, you need a lot of water, so the robots have to go round and do it again. And again. Which means they need to be synchronised with each other to ensure the correct operation is carried out each time.
        If it all sounds a bit complicated, that's because it is, but that's where the fun comes from. Here's an 8min video showing a solution to a simple task in Spacechem. Here's a shorter trailer that explains the basics, but might be a little fast if you've never played Spacechem before.

TL;DR - buy Spacechem, it's brilliant.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Hamilton's Great Adventure is a really good puzzle/adventure game that looks fantastic. The level to get the Beach 2011 achievement was very difficult though.

Here is a walk-through if anyone was interested in getting the achievement before time is up.

Comment

Everybody remember to pick up a copy of Mass Effect 1 and 2 during today's 66% off sale. Best games (especially the second) I've played in 10 years. Cannot shower enough praise on that franchise :D
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Ack, that ME1/ME2 deal is pretty nice. Too bad I already picked up a copy of ME2 from the end of June D2D sale for $5. :D
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I couldn't finish ME1. Not sure why, but it lost my attention quickly. I got them as a combo about a year ago so I decided to give ME2 a chance about 6 months ago, couldn't stop playing. ME1 just didn't compare to ME2.

Comment

I couldn't finish ME1. Not sure why, but it lost my attention quickly. I got them as a combo about a year ago so I decided to give ME2 a chance about 6 months ago, couldn't stop playing. ME1 just didn't compare to ME2.
                  I picked them up on a whim during the cheapo May sale steam had after reading a couple of glowing reviews but I was on the fence initially since I'm not a big RPG guy.

I'm a bit of a completionist so I had to make sure I completed every mission in ME1 (minus the collecting artifact/mineral side quests) and it felt like a chore by the time I got to the end. I was pretty much playing just to get the whole story and have my decisions carried over to ME2, but I HATED the cookie cutter side quests and Mako insanity.

ME2 I pretty much wanted to get as much out of it as I could before the ending missions. It took about a month to get to the end taking my time doing every mission including all the N7 ones (thank you mass effect wiki for saving me time scanning planets). It kind of sucked finally beating it honestly because I just wanted it to keep going it was so good lol.

Finishing a second play through with a different class/shepard and its still fun and you pickup parts of the story you missed the first time aroun... anyways I'm done gushing about ME2 now. Nothing to see here.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I agree that picking up ME & ME2 are a must, those are two of the best RPG's I have ever played, very close behind my all time favorite of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Everyone should definitely pick them up.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I ended up with a bunch of indie games this time around, and 45 tickets for the giveaway.

Comment

Terraria, Dragon Age Ultimate, AC:Brotherhood, Kotor, Deus Ex, Jade Empire, all for $60.
                        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I got Lead and gold and Magicka for like 7$ or something. Wasn't looking for a major game to buy, gotta say I'm happy with both games. The first one is like TF2 except that you can play 5v5 max (which is better at least to me), and Magicka is a really funny game. Got both games in 4 packs, both games work awesome played with friends
                          ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X