Google Earth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth

Wow this is spectacular. A fully zoomable map of the whole earth.

http://earth.google.com/

Only some urban centres are mapped to close detail, but where they are you can see individual houses and cars. The Eiffel Tower looks trippy.

I hope they add some more British towns. It looks like the maps came from the military or aerospace industry because e.g. Birmingham isn't mapped but Birmingham airport is.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: Google Earth

Originally posted by Wintermute
    Wow this is spectacular. A fully zoomable map of the whole earth.

http://earth.google.com/

Only some urban centres are mapped to close detail, but where they are you can see individual houses and cars. The Eiffel Tower looks trippy.

I hope they add some more British towns. It looks like the maps came from the military or aerospace industry because e.g. Birmingham isn't mapped but Birmingham airport is.
    In this vein, go to http://moon.google.com. Be sure to check the FAQ and zoom into the map all the way for some humor. :)

Comment

I've been playing with Google Earth for a couple weeks. It was pretty cool being able to fly over and look at the pyramids, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore and all those cool things.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I live near boston, and google earth is great. I can turn on subways layer (it's not called subways, I forget) and it shows the T lines, color-coded exactly as the T colors them, with all the stations labeled. To me, that is just awesome.
        Not to mention 3d buildings ! :)

Comment

I think google earth is cool, its like I am learning but having fun...They should definately use these kinds of things in schools.

Check it out, my house is the one with the bean shaped pool in the back:

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            I've been playing with Google Earth for a couple weeks. It was pretty cool being able to fly over and look at the pyramids, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore and all those cool things.
            Whereabouts is mt rushmore?
            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
              Whereabouts is mt rushmore?
              LOL, you're talking about a Google feature and you're asking where something is???

Keystone, SD, USA
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

FYI, Google Maps has the satellite imagery interfaced with it so that you can click back and forth between the map and the satellite photo. Very nice.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I could not find area 51....Maybe its just because I have no idea where it is, exept for the fact that it is in Nevada...

Comment

You can actually take a complete look at Area 51 and some of its test areas using Google Maps. It's located on a dried up lakebed that's west of Rachel, Nevada, with a black runway going across.

Comment

Holy crap, when you zoom right in close you can see that THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE!!! I knew it.
                      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Just west of Rapid City, South Dakota.

43.87665, -103.45647
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojio
                          You can actually take a complete look at Area 51 and some of its test areas using Google Maps. It's located on a dried up lakebed that's west of Rachel, Nevada, with a black runway going across.
                          Why is it all white? Did the government alter these images?

Comment

The feature I want is a google earth protocol (like google://), so you can send people links that open up in google earth :)

EDIT: I missed the moon link somehow

Comment

OMG this is so cool, I found my house now. The picture needs updating though we still have our old car in the driveway....
                              |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X