War Inc. Battlezone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Inc. Battlezone

I just saw this game on a Facebook post from Steam. It's a F2P, 3rd person shooter that claims:

Originally posted by Steam Store Page
    War Inc. Battlezone is the most realistic, tactical, clan-based combat experience coupled with one of the deepest customization systems ever developed for an Online Shooter.
    Has anyone checked this game out yet? I'm downloading it now.

Here's the Steam Store page for it.

sigpic

Re: War Inc. Battlezone

Play before July 24th and receive free Weapons and Equipment including:
    Pass.

Comment

I'm D/Ling it now

By the way how do you find out our STEAM ID?
      Last edited by sushi-sacha; 07-19-2011, 02:34 AM. Reason: Question

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has an article on it.

Typical F2P, with super sneaky pricing models.
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          Rock, Paper, Shotgun has an article on it.

Typical F2P, with super sneaky pricing models.
          Yep. The 'buying points in batches that aren't equal to the price of items' trick is enough to instantly turn me away from it.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I played, and use the in game currency that I earned for being in beta. It's a "meh" game.

Comment

Yeah, I played one match last night and wasn't too impressed. I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters to begin with. What really turned me off on this game was the absolutely horrible gun sounds and the lack of in-game VoIP.

I really don't mind the pricing schemes on F2P games.. these companies have to make money somehow. Plus, it's fun to play a F2P game and beat the ever-loving-snot out of players that have paid for more powerful weapons and such.

@sushi_sacha: http://steamidfinder.com/

sigpic

Comment

Ugh, looking at the screens, trailers, some gameplay vids, pricing systems, etc; everything about it screams "crappy Korean F2P MMO" at me. I was done with these after I quit Warrock a couple years ago. Not even going to try it.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

The graphics themselves, are not to bad. I didn't even mind the gun mechanics. Since it's now on Steam, I'll re-install it people decide to play, and waste some time, I don't mind.

Comment

Looks pretty much like the shortly popular combat arms. Same shiz different pile as they say
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Same impression I got. Of course, Combat Arms was, from my short experience with it, a crappier third person version of Counter-Strike that expected you to pay real money for guns.

Comment

I just tried this game about an hour ago I think. Uninstalled it about 10 minutes into my first game. Graphics were awful (even on "ultra"), sound was horrible, gameplay was a even more awful. Sprinting only made me think of Mass Effect. Getting shot at and not hearing gun sounds was humorous as well.

The game is a joke. Maybe there will be a particular crowd for it, but I can't imagine why when there are top quality FPS games for a pretty low price these days.

Comment

I posted a impressions thread here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...attlezone.html

It was pretty bad.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I completely agree with your write up Acreo. I haven't gotten around to uninstalling it yet though. The game is in beta, if I remember correctly.. so I'm going to wait and see if they fix any of the issues. Even if they do get the game more polished and such, I doubt I will ever play the game regularly. Just not that big of a fan of 3rd person shooters. Well, except for the GTA series.

sigpic

Comment

It's definitely cheap. I did like the level design, it made the games more interesting than it would be otherwise.
                              TrippyD (BF2142)

Jayton Mulo (Eve-TGULT)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...