What is wrong with this picture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with this picture?

I have a computer that has enough horsepower to play Metro2033 at max settings at 1280*1024 resolution and can make ArmA2 cry and whimper, yet I've been spending more time playing old games like Deus Ex, TES III: Morrowind, and old Bioware RPGs like Jade Empire and KotOR. Why do i find myself attracted more to these older games than the new? And is anyone else like this?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: What is wrong with this picture?

I hear ya, Sir-Nerd! I get the same way occasionally.. usually when I get fed up with the broken or half finished $60 games that are put out nowadays.

I generally go back and replay Half Life 2 and it's two episodes or even GTA San Andreas. Although, I have been considering reinstalling the original Half Life, so that I can relive the glory days of PC gaming. I've actually tried to replay Deus Ex a couple of times, but it looks so horribly 8 bit-ish that I just can't get into it again.

sigpic

Comment

I enjoy a good re-load, some games just stand the test of time. Heck last year I downloaded some old NES games that I could never beat when I was a kid...turns out ninja gaiden doesn't get any easier with age :row__579:

Comment

A fun game to pick up and play is the Hitman games, I love going on a killing spree in game. I especially liked Blood Money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
          Why do i find myself attracted more to these older games than the new? And is anyone else like this?
          The vast majority of the big budget games the last couple years have been console ports and more often than not they will not have that same feeling as the classic pc games.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

A lot of times, when I had first purchased the older games when new, I couldn't run them at very high settings. It's fun to go back and play old titles with new upgrades and playing them again at max settings. It's just...gooder.

Comment

Timeless classics will remain...classics for a reason :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                1280*1024
                Found your problem. LOL.

I think the key to gaming these days is finding what really appeals to you. It seems that less "major" games are "great" because there are so... many. You gotta find those gems. For me, for example, M&B: Warband.
                Skud

Comment

Give some indie games a shot. Usually they are "different" (mostly in a good way), cheap and will run well on your hardware: Limbo, Frozen Synapse, Terraria, Magicka ... to name a few.
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

If you can stack enough gorgeous graphics mods on it, Morrowind can still look like it came out only a few months ago :)

But yes, TES: III and others like it are simple old gems that always can bring entertainment.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...