Lan Center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan Center

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Lan Centers these days? Everything I search was posted in 09 or earlier and nothing really recent. Was thinking of opening a business for building computers for gamers, business's, home users etc. but then thought another operation could be a gaming Lan center. Have a solid 30+ PC's and 15+ xbox along with 15+ PS3's these numbers are not set just ideas and just wondering if something like this could be profitable? I know the computer building can be profitable with the right planning and advertising. I am just curious about the Lan Center Idea as an addition. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great. My area is a major college based community. We have no other Lan centers or anything like it in the area. We have had two open over the last 15 years but consisted of only a couple PS2 and xboxs back a few years ago and focused on selling airsoft etc. We also had one give it a shot in a dump of a barn pretty much but it was out of the way and just a couple kids doing for fun. I really want to know if some good money was invested and did lots of advertising with frequent tournaments etc. can this be a business that makes you and a couple parnters some decent living money along with the building of computers? Population of the area I think is between 210,000 - 250,000 and growing.

Thanks

Re: Lan Center

If ure talking about cyber cafe then yes they make a good deal of money. When i was stationed in norfolk va they had a cyber cafe near the odu college and 10 mins from the norfolk naval base, and college kids and militaryh had discounts on the prices for gametimes. The cafe also had all-nighters where they would open at 10 am on friday and close at 1130pm on sunday. Then be open mon through thurs 10 till 1am. If u had a laptop it would cost 10.50 for a full day pass. But they only sold energy drinks. Plus all their computers had around 40 games installed and every game was updated. Think they had 30 desktops and 15 laptop stations. The other cafe had the same deals but didnt have the weekend deal. They would close at 2am on the weekends. Plus they made food for you so you wouldnt have to order it, and their food was cheap and good. you order a pizza and they make it for you dont have to pay alot of money like you would if u had it delivered. So if ure talking like something like that then yea they make some good money. Plus both places had ps3 and xbox 360s as well.
    Just be sure you have it at a well popultaed place like a college and visit the college and pass out flyers to everyone. And keep ure computers and games updated and discounts for college peeps. Wish i had one of those around where i lived. Good way to meet more gamers to play with, hard to find people to play games with. Guess ill have to settle for tgers then LOL...

Comment

Re: Lan Center

Originally posted by sayrech View Post
      Have a solid 30+ PC's and 15+ xbox along with 15+ PS3's these numbers are not set just ideas and just wondering if something like this could be profitable? I know the computer building can be profitable with the right planning and advertising. I am just curious about the Lan Center Idea as an addition. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great.
      I've worked in the LAN Center industry for almost 10 years. It can be rough, and profit margins are not high, not even in a well run place, which is why you don't see people rushing to open them. That said, they're a ton of fun to operate and to play in. There's nothing like playing a game like Killing Floor with 10 friends, all fighting zombies together.

College towns are good, and 30+ PC's is right on the mark. The biggest mistake with this kind of thing, is not going big enough. Head on over to www.startalancenter.com and me and the guys over there would be happy to answer more questions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X