where to go for a couple of laptops.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to go for a couple of laptops.

Just wondering if anyone could give me some links or help my wife and i get 2 laptops. My wife needs a new one for work, but she also likes watching movies on her laptop and also works with video/pic editing software (we both use corel software for that). And also to have a graphics card to play somr games. I was thinking of getting her a dell and see if they can put a nvidia card in it. Her price range is around $1,000

For me, im just looking for a decent laptop for gaming. Most ill spend is $1,800. I was thinkiing of getting a alienware laptop, but now 100% sure on that. Looking to play singleplayer games on it, like sins of a solar empire, or terraria. Stuff like that.

Re: where to go for a couple of laptops.

Oh and the games my wife play are nancy drew and games like that, although she said she wants to try out sins of a solar empire because she can name the planets... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
      I was thinking of getting her a dell and see if they can put a nvidia card in it. Her price range is around $1,000
      The Dell Outlet is good (US link) - I recently got a Certified Refurbished* Latitude for a little under half of what it would have cost brand new.
      Edit: cheap Alienwares there as well.

*Basically: someone has it, it breaks, they send it back to Dell who give them a replacement, Dell fix the laptop and certify that it works properly, they can't sell it as new so they sell it from the Outlet at a reduced price.
      Last edited by westyfield; 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
        I was thinkiing of getting a alienware laptop
        Alienware is owned by Dell. You gain literally no advantage with the Alienware brand, just a higher price tag and a shiny case/LED configuration.

As for the game list you're talking about...$1800 is about $1300 more than you need to spend to run Sins of a Solar Empire.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X