Over There....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over There....

This show looks like it will be quite a powerful war drama...I've been waiting for months to watch it and it premieres tonight at 10 on FX!!!! Here's a link to a promo spot in case you have no idea what i'm talking about.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...here/main.html

I don't watch alot of television unless football or Arrested Development is on....but this show looks fantastic. Thoughts? Comments?

Re: Over There....

Originally posted by Steeple
    This show looks like it will be quite a powerful war drama...I've been waiting for months to watch it and it premieres tonight at 10 on FX!!!! Here's a link to a promo spot in case you have no idea what i'm talking about.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...here/main.html

I don't watch alot of television unless football or Arrested Development is on....but this show looks fantastic. Thoughts? Comments?
    I saw a commercial for that the other night. As long as it's not politically charged in any direction, It looks really good.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
      I saw a commercial for that the other night. As long as it's not politically charged in any direction, It looks really good.
      Agreed!

Dirt013
      Dirt013

Comment

If I can pull away from BF2, I will give it a look :-)
        "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

I also agree it should be good if the politics stay out....

Can't wait! :)

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

That is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Like a remake of "Tour of dutY" but modernized...

Comment

I watched it while I played so I really missed alot but from what I did catch it seemed like a very good show.

Comment

If you're posting in this thread, keep the political comments to yourself. This isn't the place. All responses attempting to politically charge the thread have been deleted.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I've always disliked Fox's choice of shows that they produce, so I have a natural biase towards them (not undeserved though mind you).

This actually looks decent which is really suprising. Maybe I'll actually catch this show...

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                  - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

It was quite good. :)

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Overall I thought it was good....unfortunately I took a call about half way through the show so I missed about 20 minutes of it....hopefully they rerun the first episode before the second one hits next week.

Comment

it was a great show...i misse the first run of it but they showed it again after it.....done really well and kept to just the lives of the fighters
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Toshido
                          That is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Like a remake of "Tour of dutY" but modernized...
                          So I missed the show, but to hear it described like this... I gotta take a look. I absolutely loved Tour of Duty.

If anyone knows if/when they're going to rebroadcast the premiere, please post it here.
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Update: For those who missed it, according the the FX schedule "Over There" will be broadcast again this Saturday at 10pm. No idea if this time is EDT or CST.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I stopped watching when the guy was shot with a M203 and his legs kept walking.

The soldier's nicknames seemed to be a bit cheesy and the way they told their stories.

I hope it gets better.
                              "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X