Anyone here into shooting real guns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into shooting real guns?

I do a lot of competing with mine. Mostly 3gun, occasionally IDPA or IPSC.

Anyone else try to get any real trigger time in when they're not doing it virtually?

Only as much as i can.
    My latest shooter is a Ruger deerfield 44.
    I was shooting IPSIC,IDPA and ICORE before I moved to San Francisco...had kids...

Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Comment

Re: Anyone here into shooting real guns?

No competition shooting but I try to get in regular range time. Daniel Defense M4v5, several glocks, and my favorite sidearm - CZ75B.

Comment

I just recently found my fathers 1941 pump action Winchester .22 rifle and put a cleaning on it. I plan on shooting it as the earliest available opportunity.

sigpic

Comment

Ooo! DD guns are quite nice indeed! This is my current AR setup, it's my frankengun, but it's lasted well over 10k rounds without any malfunctions. Awesome gun.

Stag lower, CMMG upper, Eotech holo sight, and some backup irons. I recently added a magnifier for the eotech too. Surprising how clear it is!

Comment

Shoot as often as possible. Went shooting as part of my bachelor party, there were 9 of us. 26 weapons, 4000 rounds =) . Buddy of mine just bought a savage arms BA110 in .308 and put a leupold gold ring scope on it, quite possibly my favorite weapon I have ever fired. I have a Steyr SB96 (30-06), which belongs to a friend but she keeps at my place right now, Colt Commander .45, Maverick 12 Ga., and a remington 597 .22 (that one belongs to my son)
            |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
            I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Damonte is a fan of rimfires and single-action revolvers. Target shooting .22 and cowboy action with the single-actions.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...llections.html

His most recent addition is a Ruger Mk I with a 5 1/4" target barrel (not a bull barrel). One of 1,400 made between 1952 and 1953. He found it at a pawn shop for a song a week ago.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Love guns, avid hunter. currently have several bolt actions in .308, benelli nova 12 ga. for duck hunting, m&p 15-22 for rabbit and squirrel. Looking at getting another AR setup for coyote hunting but wifey put a halt to that when I said I needed around a grand to get what I wanted :(
                basically my motto: "if it's brown its down, if it flies it dies" :)
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Rarely if ever shoot -- just not as easy to be a casual shooter up in Canada as it is in the States -- but love it. Own an old .22 bolt-action, a high-powered air rifle, and a match-grade air pistol. Pretty good with 9mm handguns -- I like the Beretta 92FS.
                  |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Try to get to the range, whenever possible, love my Sig 239 40 s&w.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      Love guns, avid hunter. currently have several bolt actions in .308, benelli nova 12 ga. for duck hunting, m&p 15-22 for rabbit and squirrel. Looking at getting another AR setup for coyote hunting but wifey put a halt to that when I said I needed around a grand to get what I wanted :(
                      basically my motto: "if it's brown its down, if it flies it dies" :)
                      I got the Benelli M1 Super 90 with pistol grip and extended mag. Love it to death! Great for EXTREME skeet!
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Hrm, I wrote a couple replies in this thread but they don't seem to be showing up. Any idea what's up?

Comment

Got an Ar15, a SW Model 28, a Colt 1911, a Remington 870, and a Marlin .22. New range opening up, excited for that next year.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always wanted to fire a real gun. Haven't yet.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

9 month wait in Australia for a gun plus extensive checks along the way plus gun courses mandatory. No automatic/semi auto long weapons allowed. No semi auto pistol without special license, and you need a bloody good reason to own one legally. Even air soft is illegal here. Research port arthur massacre to find out why. I'll just stick to shooting military weapons.
                              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                              Former ARMA Admin
                              Former ARMA TGU instructor
                              Former TGU Headmaster
                              Current Noob
                              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse