DirecTV or U-Verse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV or U-Verse

I'm not happy with the Time Warner Cable service I've had nearly my entire life, primarily because of the DVRs they provide. They are old, failing and the menu's aren't in HD. Come on already, TWC, you talk up HD endlessly, but your on-screen menus look like crap on my HDTV.

A couple of family members have recently moved to DirecTV, so I'm giving them a look, and a co-worker swears by U-Verse. Anyone here care to weigh in on their experiences with either of these services?

Also, I've never had problems with my Internet service from TWC, so I'm not inclined to drop that for U-Verse DSL unless I can be convinced that it wouldn't be a step backwards. As you may guess, gaming performance is my primary concern.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: DirecTV or U-Verse

If you were in the Charter Communications market I would tell you to stay with cable because of the exciting things they are rolling out soon :)
    sigpic

Comment

For me Directv is a no brainer....NFL Sunday Ticket. Directvs newest DVR's also allow you to pause a movie your watching in one room, and then re-start where you left off in another. It's great for finishing off a flick before you go night-night. I don't know anything about U-verse so you may wanna check them out if football isn't your thing.

Comment

I love my DirectTV. Equipment, and system is top notch compared to Cox Cable, and before that Dish Network.

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
          If you were in the Charter Communications market I would tell you to stay with cable because of the exciting things they are rolling out soon :)

I'm using Charter, they finally updated the Scientific Atlanta model to look more "in this century". I'm not entirely sure why the menu's still are not "16x9" though. So what new changes are inbound? I really wish I could get a Charter Moxi box, but they don't seem to be available here.

Comment

DirecTV I have to say has been pretty good to us. Lots of standard HD channels, lots of other content as well, and the DVR's are fantastic. Originally we had Comcast which was quite terrible and had about a 90% uptime at least for us. As far as DirecTV even in heavy thunder storms we get crystal clear uninterrupted broadcasts however I would say overall the uptime is about 99.5% it's gone spotty a couple times but thats over a course of a year with Comcast it was like that almost every other day.

DirecTV has good value if you're other service providers for phone and internet are good. If you can find the good service and low cost for the later than Uverse may be your ticket. When bundled Uverse has some pretty good deals and they blow Xfinity away.
            sigpic

Comment

Moxi's are horrible in some ways, great in others. I got to Beta test those years ago, and at the time they rocked. Charter is partnering with Tivo for the DVR. The HD menu issue I believe will be addressed with this box. I made sure to be one of the testers for my area as soon as it is ready :)
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X