Vietnam in HD - History channel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam in HD - History channel

I've just stumbled upon this new series from the History channel and I have to say I have never seen the Vietnam war in such detail. They give comparisons with WW2, some of which are very surprising indeed! If you liked HBO's "The Pacific" you're definitively going to like "Vietnam in HD".

Only annoying thing is that they keep changing back and forth between the presenters and the real soldiers. It's confusing and there's no need for it but besides that its pretty nice!

http://www.history.com/shows/vietnam-in-hd

Re: Vietnam in HD - History channel

been watching this myself.....very compelling.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Stumbled on it on VOD last night actually. The dialogue transitions are pretty annoying, but otherwise, I am riveted.
      sigpic

Comment

i don't understand how this correlates to 'the pacific.' this is a documentary, not an awful impersonation of 'band of brothers.'

i like it. it's a lot like 'WWII in HD,' which was essentially 'colors of war' with a new name. nice the see the history channel airing history for the first time in a few years. i'm sure they'll be back to pawn shops, aliens, religious myths, and nostradumbass soon enough, though.
        [TG]epheneh

Comment

Watching it was pretty amazing. Especially talking about it afterwards with my parents, especially with my mom who said that every night the tv was on the table tuned in to the news which was all about the Vietnam war.

It's a shame that since 2001 the news sparsely covers OIF and Afghanistan.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I rather liked "The Pacific". To each his own of course. I agree it was no Band of Brothers but I learned alot about Peleliu from "The Pacific" and there were some riveting combat scenes. That scene when the Marine squad engaged the Japanese holed up in the bunker stands out in my mind. It was gruesome...no quarter given and none taken. Said scene linked below.

sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

The two series WWII in HD and Vietnam in HD although kind of tacky in title do sum up these events fairly well. It's like what Planet Earth did for everyone. You may not know everything when you're finished watching it but your definitely going to have a good all around idea what happened. As far as Band of Brothers and The Pacific I enjoyed both equally.
              sigpic

Comment

I've also enjoyed the series when I can catch it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X