Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man I've got some great friends. Buddy of mine built/gave me a a sweet sniper rifle!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I've got some great friends. Buddy of mine built/gave me a a sweet sniper rifle!

Nothing fancy, but it's a straight shooter!

It's a mauser action, chambered in 8mm. This is the same friend who helped me build my VZ-58 (aka my "zombie hunter" aka my "Mogadishu riot gun" haha)

Apparently he had a bunch of these stocks, actions, bolts, etc lying around so he made me one as a gift. Even cut out the stock so he could create a raised cheek piece to get better scope acquisition. I've been spending the last few days sanding out the dings on the wood (it is a mil-surp battle rifle after all). Now I'm progressively coating it in teak oil to harden it and make it pretty.

Check it out!

I had an 8mm Mauser k98 and the thing would put holes straight through 1" steel plate silhouette targets at 100 yards. Very accurate. Great action.

I think you should be very happy with that. Congrats!
    sigpic
    Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Comment

Re: Man I've got some great friends. Buddy of mine built/gave me a a sweet sniper rif

In case of a zombie invasion... well, I don't have guns, being British.

But I do have chainsaws, wood axes, and a small tractor?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Re: Man I've got some great friends. Buddy of mine built/gave me a a sweet sniper rif

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
        In case of a zombie invasion... well, I don't have guns, being British.

But I do have chainsaws, wood axes, and a small tractor?
        That's what the bayonet on my SKS is for. Shoot em while you've got some ammo, and when you run out, start slicing some heads. I actually sharpened mine, sliced a banana like nothing. MWAHAHAHA! ;)

Comment

You def do have some great friends, that is a clean little gun you got there! I wish my friends just gave me a gun, but I live in Canada and the gun laws are just about as strict as Britains! The teak oil should really bring out the colour in the wood and make it really stand out. Congrats man!
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Booshanky View Post
            That's what the bayonet on my SKS is for. Shoot em while you've got some ammo, and when you run out, start slicing some heads. I actually sharpened mine, sliced a banana like nothing. MWAHAHAHA! ;)
            Well... the tractor also has a grass cutting bit. Maybe I could modify that to make it basically a rolling diesel powered zombie liquidiser? Add a few chainsaws, and away we go!

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
              You def do have some great friends, that is a clean little gun you got there! I wish my friends just gave me a gun, but I live in Canada and the gun laws are just about as strict as Britains! The teak oil should really bring out the colour in the wood and make it really stand out. Congrats man!
              You know, I'm pretty sure the VZ-58 that I have is CA (canada) legal. It fires the same round as an AK, looks an awful lot like one, but is better in a lot of ways.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-VZ-58/accessories.shtm

Czech em out! (PUN! HAHA!) Looks like they're even starting to import the 5.56x54 model too! Sweet (and cheap!) little round.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/produc...s/556-x-45-mm/

Comment

Yes VZ-58 can be made California legal. Atlantic firearms has them for sale if you want to take a look.
                Nice looking Mauser you have there.
                Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                  Yes VZ-58 can be made California legal. Atlantic firearms has them for sale if you want to take a look.
                  Nice looking Mauser you have there.
                  Canada legal, not California. And I think they are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X