Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zombie Apocolypse - What Would You Bring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zombie Apocolypse - What Would You Bring?

LAN party!

Comment

True. All group together in some mountain retreat, have LAN party. Or take over an island somewhere.

This couldn't possibly go wrong!

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        your dead :)
        Someone has to be responsible for rebuilding society!

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
          Taking the Bill Murray approach, eh?
          I love Zombieland references! +rep to you, good sir!

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
          But where would I get my online gaming if everyone died?
          If there were a zombie apocalypse, I doubt we would have electricity (or any other services) for very long. So, I'm afraid there would be no online gaming. On the plus side, those of us that survived would be able to play Left 4 Dead/Dead Island every day.. for real.

I can't speak for Ven or Jeepo on this, but the reason I would like to see a zombie apocalypse is that it would kill off most of the useless people of the world. Like politicians and lawyers.. ;)

sigpic

Comment

No that works for me. Plus I could off a few of them myself and who would stop me?!?!

Comment

Since becoming a volunteer firefighter I know 3 people less than a mile from me who would put local and county police departments to shame with the various firearms at their disposal.

Various pistols, shotguns, scoped Rifles including a Barrett .50 cal,
              FN-90 (I think that's correct), A-15's, M-4 Version, AK-47's, Garand, Thompson Sub-Machine gun, .30 Cal etc and all the ammo to go with it.

Plus the right amount of Transportation, and let me tell you FireFighter PPE will come in very handy, especially with the attached bailout equipment w/Kevlar webbing if you have to bailout out of a window.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I have the basics covered its all in my earthquake kit. Hiking gear, paks, cooking gear, water filter, maps...ample ammo, firearms and the experience to use them.
                However the most important thing is I/we have a plan. My family has a plan to survive and its NOT shelter in place and wait for F.E.M.A.
                A stack of guns and some notion that you may be able to feed and shelter your family ain't worth **** if you have no plan, equipment and the know-how to carry it thru.
                I'm not a survivalist I'm just prepared.
                I'll bring my mind. It's all you really need.
                Sarcoma.

Comment

Sarcoma, I listed the basics, a stack of guns, bottled water, protein bars, instant soup, vitamins and raiding cvs for antibiotics etc and car with a full tank and extra fuel in sealed containers with no chance of leaking or emitting fumes and survivor gear is a good basic plan.

Now given that I live north of NYC in Southern Westchester County which is very populated brings up significant problems and guns and ammo and whatever will go a very long way while I try w/friends to get the hell out of dodge while we head north/NW to the closest functioning military base or even first to the police station for bullet proof vests (you can wear thick clothing but clawing hands can't rip into your chest thru Kevlar) and probably if we haven't already to the firehouse to grab halogens, ax's etc along with whatever big ass kitchen knives I can find.

Now unfortunately I'm thinking of this in the pov that my immediate family who I live near is all dead.

Now if I'm in NYC when this happens than I am SOOL because well you can only imagine the chaos which will ensue and that the Lincoln tunnel, the railroad tunnel which goes underground to grand central, the rail bridges going to Long Island and Westchester and Jersey and the vehicle bridges will be blown to smithereens.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Since I'm writing this on my iPhone I'd also like to add, matches, sleeping bag, all the dip I can get amongst some other things.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I wish for a skynet/Terminator Salvation type scenario more.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Tripple post!

I have a .22 bolt, half a dozen potato guns ( virtually unlimited ammo and silenced!) and a wild imagination and thousands of creative ideas to kill zombies with items laying around the house. Duct tape knives to each end of a broomstick, sharpened rebar, spiked baseball bat, ball bearings fired via potato cannon etc. Believe it or not but potato cannons are just as leathal as alot of firearms, with the right kind of ammo of course! They may not be nearly as small or easy to use but their hundreds (maybe thousands) of uses along with my twisted ideas on ways to kill things...its an unstoppable combination.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                          Tripple post!

I have a .22 bolt, half a dozen potato guns ( virtually unlimited ammo and silenced!) and a wild imagination and thousands of creative ideas to kill zombies with items laying around the house. Duct tape knives to each end of a broomstick, sharpened rebar, spiked baseball bat, ball bearings fired via potato cannon etc. Believe it or not but potato cannons are just as leathal as alot of firearms, with the right kind of ammo of course! They may not be nearly as small or easy to use but their hundreds (maybe thousands) of uses along with my twisted ideas on ways to kill things...its an unstoppable combination.
                          Potato gun FTW!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                            In the hypothetical situation that there was a zombie apocolypse, and somehow TG was in it together, what skills / gear / whatnot would you bring to help survive the undead hordes?
                            My bug-out bag which has a ton of medical supplies in it (one of my clients is a doctor). And then my SKS (because it has a bayo) and a few hundred rounds of ammo. And lastly a pistol and that new sniper rifle I have. I'm set!

Comment

Hmm, let's see...between Aruncado and myself (we're married, for those who don't know), we could manage at least two shotguns, three or four handguns, a .22 bolt-action rifle (ammo's easy to carry for it, which makes it ideal for use against single shamblers), various anti-zombie tools, and a bit of knowledge. Seems like everyone down here has horses, so we could probably round up quite a few of those and bring them with. Horses don't break down as easily as cars and are easier to feed in a post-apocalyptic society. I'm also fairly well-versed in sewing/crafting, so we wouldn't be cold come winter, and I could bring the means to make music. Everyone needs morale! :)

Comment

zombie repellent.......

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                                George S. Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X