Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zombie Apocolypse - What Would You Bring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zombie Apocolypse - What Would You Bring?

Curious how many people would opt to bug-in rather than bug-out?

Clarification: Are actually prepared to bug-in, not wait for someone to rescue them.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I live in San Francisco, staying in place just isn't an option, not after what we saw with Katrina. It helps the we are avid cyclists so after the gas runs out we can leave the car and ride with our gear and child.
      Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Arithea View Post
        Hmm, let's see...between Aruncado and myself (we're married, for those who don't know), we could manage at least two shotguns, three or four handguns, a .22 bolt-action rifle (ammo's easy to carry for it, which makes it ideal for use against single shamblers), various anti-zombie tools, and a bit of knowledge. Seems like everyone down here has horses, so we could probably round up quite a few of those and bring them with. Horses don't break down as easily as cars and are easier to feed in a post-apocalyptic society. I'm also fairly well-versed in sewing/crafting, so we wouldn't be cold come winter, and I could bring the means to make music. Everyone needs morale! :)
        AH! You reminded me about my guitar! Gotta have tunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
          I wish for a skynet/Terminator Salvation type scenario more.
          Why on earth would you prefer that? Nothing I have could help me survive 5min in that situation. We would be forced to go live in a ditch until we were hunted down and killed. Zombies I could handle.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/l...boot-camp.html

Learn to Fight Zombies at Real-Life Zombie Boot Camp...NO JOKE, WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT....

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
            George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post

Learn to Fight Zombies at Real-Life Zombie Boot Camp...NO JOKE, WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT....
              For 90 bucks, I'd TOTALLY do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                Why on earth would you prefer that? Nothing I have could help me survive 5min in that situation. We would be forced to go live in a ditch until we were hunted down and killed. Zombies I could handle.
                That's questionable, in the last terminator movie you see John Connor shoot a terminator in the head with a lowly 5.56mm round and he's out. Not sure if that's just a continuity error to the mythology, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Booshanky View Post
                  That's questionable, in the last terminator movie you see John Connor shoot a terminator in the head with a lowly 5.56mm round and he's out. Not sure if that's just a continuity error to the mythology, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

I don't count anything after T2. ;)

I feel like anything short of a .50cal is not enough power. The most powerful thing I got is my SocomII which I don't think would be enough. Aliens, Predator, Zombies... all I can at least fight with what I got. Terminator? Not so much.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post

Whoa! I live near that, sounds like a laugh!Definitely poking Matt (boyfriend) to see if we can do that. Like paintballing, but more awesome.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Booshanky View Post
                      For 90 bucks, I'd TOTALLY do that!
                      What he said. Also, what she said. :p

Seriously, that looks like it'd be a lot of fun.

Comment

That would def be alot of fun! Besides fun though pretty pointless I imagine...everybody knows that a bullet to the head kills a zombie. If you didnt know that then you should probably stop going outside so much and play more video games!
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          Curious how many people would opt to bug-in rather than bug-out?

Clarification: Are actually prepared to bug-in, not wait for someone to rescue them.
                          For me that'd work pretty good, mostly because I've got enough guns and ammo (and knives and other non-reloadable weaponry) that I could last quite a while. Not everyone has that.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                            That would def be alot of fun! Besides fun though pretty pointless I imagine...everybody knows that a bullet to the head kills a zombie. If you didnt know that then you should probably stop going outside so much and play more video games!
                            But what if that gunshot attracts more zombies? That's one thing that annoys me about The Walking Dead. They're in friggin GEORGIA of all places. They should be able to ransack a few houses and pick up some serious weaponry, not bolt actions and other stuff. I hope when they get to fort benning they can pick up some real weaponry that'd give them a chance. Maybe a humvee with a ma-duce on it. That'll take out some zombies! Haha

Comment

Home made silencer oughta do the job! Hell, if i can silence a potato cannon to the point where you cant hear it from more then 100 feet away you oughta be able to make a silencer for a hunting rifle relatively easy, no? Mark Walberg did it in shooter with a pool filter XD
                              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                                Home made silencer oughta do the job! Hell, if i can silence a potato cannon to the point where you cant hear it from more then 100 feet away you oughta be able to make a silencer for a hunting rifle relatively easy, no? Mark Walberg did it in shooter with a pool filter XD
                                Shooter FTW.

A Red Dawn scenario is another thing that has actually popped up in my dreams.
                                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                                Level I HazMat Technician
                                NYS EMT-B
                                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X