Goodbye and Farewell, Col. Potter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye and Farewell, Col. Potter

Actor Harry Morgan has passed away, aged 96. He was best known for his role as Colonel Sherman T. Potter on the long running TV series, M*A*S*H*. I feel as if I've lost a long time friend.

News article on Reuters.

One of my favorite Potter moments:

Good bye, Mr. Morgan. Thanks for all the good memories, and my you rest in peace.

sigpic

Sad news indeed. As a kid I fell in love with MASH. I watched it religiously. RIP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Goodbye and Farewell, Col. Potter

I was just thinking about borrowing mum's DVD set of MASH last night, too. I shall have to watch them over the weekend.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Horse Feathers!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Aw, I always liked Colonel Potter. My family and I used to watch MASH each evening for a few years as we worked our way through all eleven (eleven!) series. RIP Harry Morgan.

@Athanasa: do it! It's one of the most under-rated shows in Britain - it seems like no-one over here has seen it or even heard of it. You won't be disappointed.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpIgQ...lated&t=00m54s
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Shows should have laugh tracks again.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
              Shows should have laugh tracks again.
              As long as it's not in the OR.

Comment

When I was 18 I lived in Reno NV, and one day my friends and I took a trip to San Francisco. We went down market st and went to the FAO Schwartz that used to be at the top of the st there. Apparently Alan Aldas wife is a childrens book writer and she was doing a signing there, and of course her husband was there becuase he's the guy drawing the crowd of course. So I'm all star struck, and I go buy a book and get it signed. And I'm like "Dude, I totally want him to sign it as hawkeye", but I was a giant vagina and couldn't muster up the courage to ask. he's kind of a curmudgeon.

So I ask my hot friend Yvette, "Hey, you're a hot chick, he won't turn you down! ask him to sign it as hawkeye!"

So I watch her go up there, and there's this back and forth and I can tell he's clearly annoyed.

She comes back, and underneath his signature it says "HAWKEYE, OK?!?!"

HAHAHA! I gotta find that book.....

Comment

Poor guy, his wife probably dragged him there just to draw the crowd even though he didnt want to be there. And to make things worse I bet the people at that store only wanted to go because of Hawkeye and he was not having it. You are one of THOSE guys lol..poor Alan. HES JUST TRYING TO LIVE HIS LIFE DAMN IT! :D
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                    Poor guy, his wife probably dragged him there just to draw the crowd even though he didnt want to be there. And to make things worse I bet the people at that store only wanted to go because of Hawkeye and he was not having it. You are one of THOSE guys lol..poor Alan. HES JUST TRYING TO LIVE HIS LIFE DAMN IT! :D
                    What can I say? I was a huge fan, and a huge douche....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X