STALKER is cheap - buy it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STALKER is cheap - buy it!

Edit: the STALKER Bundle actually only contains ShoC and Cop. It's no cheaper than it would be to buy them separately. Original post corrected.

The Steam Christmas Sale continues to bombard us with ludicrous deals, and today the deals are so very sweet. The entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (hereafter STALKER) series is 75% off. That means you can get Shadow of Chernobyl for 2.49, Clear Sky for 1.99, and Call of Pripyat for 3.24.
    Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat are both astonishingly good, whereas Clear Sky was extremely buggy, and still would likely need modding to fully enjoy it.
    If you're only going to play one, I'd recommend Call of Pripyat - it's easier to get into and directs the player more early on, so it's not such a shock for a rookie STALKER. Avoid Clear Sky if you haven't played the other two, you'll probably need to mod it to get it into as playable and enjoyable a state as ShoC or CoP.
    Developers GSC may be gone but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the excellent games they produced.
    Solid shooting, incredible atmosphere, and the most terrifying enemies I've seen in gaming (enjoy creeping around in the dark, in a storm, in a radiation zone, in an anomaly field, with invisible bloodsuckers chasing you, and only six shotgun shells left). At this price, if you don't at least try STALKER you either hate games or you're an idiot.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Stalker

Last edited by westyfield; 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed mistake
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: STALKER is cheap - buy it!

You have a few more mistakes to fix, what seem to be prices have an odd looking symbol in front of them rather than the dollar sign....;)

Seriously though, if you haven't played any of the Stalker series I highly recommend them, I myself have never played CoP and am snatching it up. Thanks for the tip Westy.

Comment

Re: STALKER is cheap - buy it!

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
      You have a few more mistakes to fix, what seem to be prices have an odd looking symbol in front of them rather than the dollar sign....;)
      Annoyingly, Steam won't let me see how much games cost in other countries, and I'm not sure if they directly convert between currencies - I know some digital distribution companies have non-equivalent prices for the same game in different countries.
      I suppose in keeping with the theme of the game I should really give prices in rubles. :) I wonder why they don't use hryvnia in-game though..?
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X