No announcement yet.

How to import your existing TeamSpeak 3 identities on an iOS/ANDROID device

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] How to import your existing TeamSpeak 3 identities on an iOS/ANDROID device

IOS
    It is possible to import your existing PC client identities on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod). It works through the iTunes file sharing feature. Steps are as follows:
    1.Export your identities to an ini file (Settings -> Identities -> Export)
    2.Connect your iOS device to computer and launch iTunes
    3.Select your device on the left and choose the Apps tab
    4.Scroll to the bottom of the Apps tab to see a list of applications on your device that support iTunes file sharing
    5.Select the TeamSpeak app
    6.Either click the Add button or drag & drop the ini file on the file area (the file will immediately be transferred over to your device)
    7.The next time you launch TeamSpeak from scratch it will automatically import the identities and remove the ini file.
    8.when you connect to TG ensure you select the imported profile under advanced on the server connection page.

ANDROID

On pc:
    1.Export your identities to an ini file (Settings -> Identities -> Export)
    2.rename the file from [name].ini to [name].txt
    3.copy the file to the phone's memory via usb

On the phone:
    4.Open the file in a note editor
    5.select and copy the text of the identity key between the "s
    6.open TeamSpeak 3 for Android
    7.click Identities
    8.click on Default
    9.click edit
    10.delete the key in there
    11.paste the key from the TXT file
    12.rename the Identity if you want.

note :
    for android devices you do not need to edit the default identity if you already have permission tied to that identity, simply create a seperate identity by clicking the NEW button.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: How to import your existing TeamSpeak 3 identities on an iOS/ANDROID device

What is this magic!?

Thanks for posting, I had no idea there was a TS app available.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Nice work, B-naise! We had talked about it on this thread, but you've got really good clear, concise steps there.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...k-android.html

The part I didn't "get" is that the UID that you see by clicking your name in the Teamspeak server window (or anyone else for that matter), which you paste into the Tacticalgamer.com page to link the accounts-- it's kind of a shortened version. You need the full thing, which is quite long. You can only get it by exporting your Identity and opening it in a text editor.

On Android, probably the easiest thing is to use AK Notepad synced with a catch.com account. Go to catch.com on your PC, paste the full string into a note, let it sync, open AK Notepad, Copy, go to TS3, paste. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
        Nice work, B-naise! We had talked about it on this thread, but you've got really good clear, concise steps there.

The part I didn't "get" is that the UID that you see by clicking your name in the Teamspeak server window (or anyone else for that matter), which you paste into the Tacticalgamer.com page to link the accounts-- it's kind of a shortened version. You need the full thing, which is quite long. You can only get it by exporting your Identity and opening it in a text editor.

On Android, probably the easiest thing is to use AK Notepad synced with a catch.com account. Go to catch.com on your PC, paste the full string into a note, let it sync, open AK Notepad, Copy, go to TS3, paste. Done.
        Yeah correct. Your UID on the player info tab on PC is a shortened version of the one you need for android.
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob

Comment

Seeing as someone repped me for this, i thought i had better update this,

Android now has a new client.

I wrote up guide a while ago for the new android client, some of you may see me on TS in my car every morning as i drive to work

sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server