Awesome!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome!

The USS Wasp is an amphibious assault ship designed to embark a Marine Expeditionary Unit. It is capable of simultaneously supporting rotary and fixed wing STOVL aircraft and amphibious landing craft operations. For this test deployment the USS Wasp was outfitted with special instrumentation to support and measure the unique operating environment as the F-35B conducted short takeoffs and vertical landings.

No catapult...... No hook .............

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Ki86x1WKPmE

Re: Awesome!

Thread title says it all.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not usually fussed by these things, but... that's an awesome piece of kit.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

...and for a moment I dreamed this thread would be dedicated to me. Once again, my hopes are crushed.

But besides, pretty awesome indeed.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

That is a really cool video. The disturbing part is, I have been reading alot of negatives about the F-35 and F-22 true stealth capabilities, the radar absorbant paint peeling off rather easily after few flights and maintenance on both being so high that they would be very difficult to employ in true combat conditions. I will see if I can dig up some of the sites again, to back up my concerns if anyone is interested.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

^Yes please, that sounds like some interesting reading.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
              That is a really cool video. The disturbing part is, I have been reading alot of negatives about the F-35 and F-22 true stealth capabilities, the radar absorbant paint peeling off rather easily after few flights and maintenance on both being so high that they would be very difficult to employ in true combat conditions. I will see if I can dig up some of the sites again, to back up my concerns if anyone is interested.
              Doesnt the same thing happen to the SR-70 blackbird after every flight and they have to reapply the paint? I remember reading that particularly around the engines(extreme heat+extreme cold from altitude) causes the paint to flake and peel.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I dont know about the SR-71. Just the things I have read about the F-22 is the paint wears out faster than the military was lead to believe and there are some questions to how well the "stealth" really works due to how fast the paint wears off. Alot of these questions are starting to be raised as well about the F-35. Also, there are some new radar systems that have some capability to more easily detect stealthed aircraft. I am still looking for the article I read that talked about the newer radar system. If this is true, and the paint on the F-22/35 are not as good as we were told, this would almost completely negate the reason for needing these aircraft as they do not perform close combat as well as current generation fighters from other countries.

F-22 Maintenance Problems Surface
                http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...rutiny-329141/

High-Priced F-22 Fighter Has Major Shortcomings
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2009071001019

F-22's LO Manhours are HI
                http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs...e-63bb1b708fec

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Cool! Still, 6 years before they are officially combat-ready, according to Wired. Still can't believe they are going to cost $1 trillion.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/f-35/
                  "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                  -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X