Introducing myself

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi to All at TG

I'm Tim, aka GhostDog.

I've just bought Arma X anniversary edition (about 3 days ago). I've been playing Arma 2 CO and I have to say I'm loving it so far, although I'm finding it a steep learning curve, but that's the reason I bought it.

I plan on installing ACE, as it looks like it has a nice balance of realism vs playability. I've got Six Installer installed, but I've not gone as far as actually modding my game yet. I figured I'd wait and see which server seemed to be busiest, and go with that.

Any setup/modding tips very welcome ;)

I've gotten set up/registered on TS and I look forward to seeing you all out in the field (be gentle with me, I'm a newb).

GhostDog o7

Re: Introducing myself

The ARMA guys are a good bunch, you'll have fun with them.

In any case, welcome to TG and the forums! Any questions pop up, by all means ask.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Hoorah! Another one for ArmA! \o/

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Welcome TG GhostDog. See u server side. Check the "Everything You Need To Know" thread in the Armed Assault threads and join up in TS. You'll find any help you may need pretty quick.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
        Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
        "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
        "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Heya Ghostdog, it's been good seeing you on Alpha. If you have any questions about Six Updater or mods for Arma, just hop into the TS3 server and check in on Alpha or Bravo. Six Updater makes it really painless. The one headache you may have is having to unbind/bind caps lock for comms when switching between Alpha and Bravo.

For me Arma is an onion, you can keep getting deeper into it with each new layer, and I haven't even scratched PR yet...(yes there are some tears involved, but it's yummy, honest!)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed