Pats or Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats or Giants

Those who know me know I'm ten miles from Patriots place so you know were my loyalties lie. We have a number of Key TG personalities from Patriots nation as well. Apophis- W6 I'm thinking of you. What will be the outcome of the game. I didn't see another thread up so I thought I'd start one.

Though I am a diehard Pats fan I honestly I think it will be a game for the ages. I think the Pats will either win by 14 in a shootout or lose a close one by three in the 4th quarter and though it pains me to say it I also think its more likely to be the latter scenario but if the O line of the Pats can negate the Giants pass rush it's going to be a long day for the NY contingent.

Everybody but vegas is favoring the Giants. but a look at some of these key playoff stats indicate to me it's going to be a really close game. Chime in.

What's your prediction? I'm going to stay a homer and call it 35-21 Pats.

Defensive sacks Giants 9 - Pats 9
    Points allowed per game : Giants 13 - Pats 15
    Defensive passer rating : Giants 80.2 - Pats 77.5
    Yards rushing per game : Giants 117 - Pats 121
    Avg yards per rush : Giants 4.2 - Pats 4.0
    20 + yard rushing plays : Giants 4 - Pats 1
    40 + yard rushing plays : Pats 1 - Giants 0
    Sacks allowed: Giants 8 - Pats 1
    Offensive Passer rating: Pats 105.8 - Giants 103.1
    Passing yards per attempt: Giants 7.50 - Pats 8.6
    Interceptions allowed: Giants 1 - Pats 3
    Defensive Interceptions Giants 1 - Pats 1
    Field Goals made: Giants 6-8 - Pats 4-4
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: Pats or Giants

The dual TE offense shouldn't have too much trouble moving the ball, but the NYG passing game is playing really well, and the Patriots secondary is questionable. If the Patriots can limit the passing attack they should win the game. I predict Patriots 28 - NYG 24, but don't tell LordMeatwad.
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Pats 48 giants 10

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I strongly dislike Eli Manning so I'll be rooting for the Patriots.
        sigpic

Comment

Pats 38 Gints 20

Pats Outstanding Offensive line dominates Gints front 4. Therefore Brady and company do as they please.

Wilfork and D-line also dominate, and the D gets a couple of clutch turnovers.

Thats how I see it. I cannot wait

Comment

This may be the first year, I actually pass up watching the big game, I just don't have a strong interest in either team.

Comment

I find I enjoy the games better when I do not have a vested interest in either team. No loyalties to sway my opinions on plays or bad calls. Don't like eli manning but grew up a giants fan until the carolina panthers were born. Now Giants are my second team. I won't be upset if the giants lose, but I will be happy if they win :)
              sigpic

Comment

Da Bears...

Pats. Much more solid overall team IMO. We will see.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Like to hear it guys. TG seems to be bucking the national trend which is good. I'm excited for the game.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Life long Pats fan still here in MA, but I'm nervous about the game.
                    The Giants have a defence that can force Brady into mistakes through their pass rush. If the Pats find themselves behind early due to the failure of our secondary, its going to be a long game.

The Pats need to score early, and win the time of posession battle. The less time our D is on the field, the better.
                    I almost expect a lot of screen plays by the Giants early on and then taking some shots down the field. Our DBs can't get beat deep on Sunday. I don't fear the Giants running game as much, but who knows.

28-24 Giants
                    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Pats by no more than 6. Or at least that is where I have my money......

Comment

Giants.

The Pats are due for a loss and the Ravens really had their number. Only a ridiculously pathetic showing in crunch time saved them. The Giants have a good, not stellar, but a damn good defense and know how to knock around over-rated Bradey (aka good pass block-rush). I'm a big time defense fan in Football... just hate seeing shoot-outs... I'd watch Basketball if I wanted shoot outs.

(Then again I'm still burning from the spanking Tebow gave to Steelers Defensive Coordinator, Dick Lebeau... Seriously? You go for an all out run block on the first play of overtime?)

Comment

Giants all the way. This rematch will repeat itself.

Comment

Giants by 7, 24-17.

Giants D is the side that's gonna be getting the clutch turnovers, and I think the Giants pass rush is gonna be monster this game. I'm a little worried that the Giants are becoming mechanical in their passing game, but it's working well.

Don't like Eli Manning? Really? The guy that's never offended anyone? too funny. Now if you didn't like the way Tiki Barber retired, I'd give ya something, but wow... ;)

Go, Giants!
                            OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

I am looking forward to watching the mens score the goals. I think the Americans will win, but the real winner may be all of us, for the joy of seeing the Superb Owl is a joy like no other. I just hope it doesn't go to penalties, it's pretty boring when that happens.
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X