Act Of Valor Is Win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act Of Valor Is Win

Just got done watching the midnight release of Act of Valor. Oh my word! Great movie. Action was solid, not over the top in typical Hollywood fashion but very believable. The story line was very straight forward I found it easy to keep up with what was going on. It started a little slow, building a relationship with the team and the audience. But once the fighting started I was on the edge of my seat rooting for every kill.

If you are planning on seeing this movie do so! If you weren't do it anyway! You won't regret it. Simply amazing. One of the best military films I have ever seen.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Act Of Valor Is Win

Reviews don't look too good so far...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/act_of_valor/
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The damn critics man. 88% of users liked it. Lol. It was a good movie. I enjoyed the heck out of it

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing this film. I followed your link Mantis and read a couple of the reviews. They seemed to be expecting some Oscar winning acting from some SEAL's, I think, like Dredge, that the user score is much more applicable when it comes to a movie like this. If after I watch I disagree with this post I will correct myself though.
        sigpic

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head hillbilly. They were expecting typical Hollywood super explosions and fire balls and Denzel Washington with Channing Tatum. What they got was a realistic depiction of navy seal operation. They probably don't know what to do with it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Wow, what a huge discrepancy between the critics and the audience. That makes me want to see it even more!

Comment

Easy rule of thumb

If critics hate it = fantastic movie

If critics love it = bring a pillow

Taking my son to see it now:D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Enjoy it Ven, wish I could take the afternoon off to go see it myself.
                sigpic

Comment

Going out to see this tonight with my brother!!! Been waiting for this to drop forever!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Movie is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Shakes 'Fist of Jealousy' in general direction of those who are able to see it now and raises the 'middle finger of insurrection' at the concept of 'regional releases'. Looking forward to seeing this.

Comment

Haha, best quote ever.

Very much the same feeling as Wicks on this one, its definately on my list of films to see.

Comment

Yeah, see this is one of those movies where I could watch it and not care much about the 'cinema' aspect and watch it for what I'm seeing.

If its done half as well as you've said I think I'll go watch it. Doubt I could bring my girl to it though :L

Comment

@Ytman - it blew my expectations away. And they were high when I went in. There is nothing thats over the top or unbelievable. You really get pulled into it. It has action, explosions, gun fire, and a few funny as comments. It really is just such an amazing movie that everyone should be required to go watch it. :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I would have to echo Dredges comment on the movie. I saw it with a buddy and my brother. My buddy is not really into movies like this, BUT he absolutly loved this movie. My brother and myself really enjoyed it as well. It is one where I will either have to go see it again later, or see it several more times when it comes to BlueRay.

Action was great. Would have wished to seen a little more "traning" first and then a couple of more missions but what was put together in that movie far exceeded mine, and I think I had higer ones than Dredge!!!!

Great movie people, go out and see it.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X