Clear All

• [VIDEO] Office of Naval Research, Electromagnetic Railgun System

Woot

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: Office of Naval Research, Electromagnetic Railgun System

Why is the air on fire zomg?!?
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

You know it was going to happen sometime, that is pretty cool! Now we wait and see how small they can make it. :)
      sigpic

Comment

Scary as S#!&!!

I mean, there are no counter measures to that thing.
        It's just scrap metal being propelled very fast. By the time you realize that you are getting fired upon you are hit allready, flares won't do a thing!
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

On one hand, terrifying. On the other hand, they can use that to fire SHOVELS.

Also... speed of sound is 768 mph. That thing fires lumps of metal at 5,400 mph.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Cool, maybe this will be the billion (hundreds of millions) dollar weapon that will allow us to win wars.

Comment

Seriously teratoma just move to Iran already.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I just like the idea of my tax money absolutely wasted.

Comment

Every topic you post in turns into a some kind of political statement...sigh.

Whether you are outspoken and opinionated or not...you cant deny that's a cool piece of technology.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

yup, it's cool tech.

I take (lots of) tax money and weapons seriously, sorry bro. Maybe I should be more flippant. Dude, we can blow up so much stuff now! booya!

Comment

here you go.

Comment

Tera, this is the general forums. The post was to share a cool piece of technology. If it were developed by any other group, say a private research group, you would not have made this a political discussion. Political discussion belongs in the sandbox.

----------------------

On topic:

How long until we develop this to be hand-portable like in Metal Gear Solid 2?

Never? Damn. Now to build a ship that can support such a weapon, with the insane power requirements...

Oh. and have it work. Reliably.

I have a feeling this will take the navy a decade or two.
                        Skud

Comment

Tera,
                          Be glad I don't have mod rights in these forums. For now you can kindly take your person, and your posts, out of my thread. Every single time I post something, you are the first person to come in and straight a political flame war, or start trouble. Your behavior is entirely out of line, uncalled for, and plain out old. Enough is enough, and I'm tired of it.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

if all I were after was causing trouble then I'd be in the act of valor thread loling at the the circle jerk going on in there. But I havent seen the movie so I can only go on what EVERY non-mil site is saying. And thus havent gone in there. You dont get to decide who posts in what thread. this is a public discussion forum. if the the people in charge want to start locking topics after the initial post, then you'd have a leg to stand on. It's not like this is some new tech that has snuck up on you and you were like "holy crap, anyone ever hear of this stuff?!". You people post a topic, in this case "this big assed gun" I've only been on the topic of "this big assed gun".

Maybe you people should look inward as to why get get so emotional over a few (mostly harmless) words. I say a few words and I am met with a huge over reaction that if I would act like that I would prolly get banned.

If TG wants to be a private forum then go do that, until then other people might have views and opinions that's not yours.

Comment

Teratoma, please check your PMs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X