• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Outerra in HD

My gods...

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: Outerra in HD

My son played with Outerra for a couple of hours. He lost interest though because thereīs nothing to do yet. Looking forward to games based on it.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty cool, wonder what the world interactions are like though. What type of games do you see using this?
      sigpic

Comment

Supposedly thereīs world building game based on outerra in the works. Like the idea but itīs only in alpha and I havenīt tried it.
        Iīd like to see an fps using this technology, different maps every round, yay!
        sigpic

Comment

That would be my video. I will say that I have been able to import some models here and there.

The possibilities are endless for the engine itself. For obvious reasons, the most likely use of Outerra would be for that of a flight-sim, however, it's become a very niche market and rather difficult to procure sales from. I'd like to see the engine utilized in a mil-sim or basic T/FPS. A map of several hundred klicks (350km2?) with proper urban recreation and actual infrastructure could easily be done. That said, it still has a long way to go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X