Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery.

Hello my TG brethren.

Tomorrow morning ~7am EST I am going under the knife. I am having gastric bypass surgery. I have resisted this for almost 8 years now. Whether you know it or not your comrade draeh has been fighting a weight problem since I was 8 years old. For the last 8 years I have tried just about everything in the realm of diet and exercise to lose weight. At one point I was eating right and exercising for 2 hours a day 6 days a week. Yet I always hit some hidden plateau. During the same 8 years I have ruined my shoulders (weight lifting) and my knees have finally buckled under the weight of a lifetime of being obese. This year I turn 40. I am morbidly obese. I have developed insulin dependent type ii diabetes. I have a family history of obese males with heart disease. I have finally reached that point where my fear of my future outweighs my fear of the surgery. Since January I have been working with the Wake Forest Bariatric program to prepare myself for this life change. Now the time has come.

Hold me in your prayers and wish me luck.

Re: Surgery.

Good luck Draeh

Comment

Keep us updated Draeh! A speedy recovery and happy results to follow! Take care buddy.

Comment

Good luck Draeh!

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Wishing you a successful operation and a quick recovery!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Luck to you Draeh, keep that positive attitude man. Will hold you in our prayers. Keep us in the loop during the recovery!
            sigpic

Comment

All the best and a speedy recovery! You know...you shouldn't do too much activity for a few days after...plenty of time for gaming ;) Gaming is natures rehab.

Seriously though keep us informed and if you need anything at all shoot me a PM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Good luck buddy! I have known many people that have had this routine operation without any issues but with great results.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Godspeed Draeh.

Positive thoughts man, thinking bad will cause bad.
                  You'll be fine, if not I'll have to come punch your corpse (Sounds weird from a stranger, right?)
                  "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                  "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                  "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                    Hello my TG brethren.

I am morbidly obese. I have developed insulin dependent type ii diabetes. I have a family history of obese males with heart disease. I have finally reached that point where my fear of my future outweighs my fear of the surgery.

It is not easy to admit to people here on the forums what you have just admitted to and I think you should be recognized for that, it is a serious problem that everyone should know about and talk about and I respect your decision to share this with the community.

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                    During the same 8 years I have ruined my shoulders (weight lifting).
                    That is the wrong exercise to do if you want to loose weight all you will do is build up muscle beneath the fat, the best exercise is to do is eat a healthy meal (Fish, chicken, beef, with vegetables) then wait an hour or 2 and go walking, jogging, cycling (Cardiovascular) to the point where you are sweating like a sponge and unable to talk normally, then drink some glucose (energy drink) or eat some whole grain bread with some peanut butter, this will help feed energy to your muscles after the exercise. very important to do this after exercise.

I wish you the best of luck Dreah, it is a common procedure and I am sure you will be fine.
                    Last edited by MrMojay; 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Surgery cancelled.

Someone in the finance department has screwed me. Even after I called last week to make sure everything was a go. I'm so pissed right now. I just wanted this to be over. Now it will probably be 2 weeks minimum to get back on to the surgery schedule. This sucks.

Comment

Good Luck Draeh. Stay positive, things will work out.

Comment

Sorry to hear that draeh, try not to get too stressed about it. ;)

Comment

I know you'll be fine and all well go well. I have faith in my fellow medical professionals. You'll be just fine bud!

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Its funny how everything got cleared up after the finance department opened at 8am... too late for me. Now I have to continue the pre-op diet for another two weeks. New surgery date is 4/23. Once again they assure me that everything is a go... just like last week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X