New England LAN anytime soon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England LAN anytime soon?

First, the reason why I'm wondering is because me and Vash (yes, vash. Remember Vash?) were talking, and we came to the conclusion that a New England LAN would be very successful, due to the amount of players located in the Northeast (ender, redeye, me, kikkoman, nothingmore, emanon, apophis, total, etc.). SOMEONE should have one soon.

Any ideas guys? I know there was a New England LAN a few years ago, but that was before we had most of the players we do now. Anyone have suitable facilities to host one? I would be happy to help out financially in any way possible.

I WOULD host one, but my mom's house is too small for it, and my dad's doesn't have a broadband connection. Plus, it would be a little hard explaining why people his age are coming over to play computer games (my dad is 38, and there would be some people there that would no doubt be older than him :P)

I just want to see what everyone thinks.

PS. Like I mentioned earlier, I hung out with vash over thanksgiving weekend. He was up in CT, and so I took the drive out to Enfield (where he was staying), and we hung out for the day. He's doing very well, and he says he misses all you guys and hopes to find a way to get online again, without 56k. He also says he would come to any new england lan!

anytime and anywhere from maine to chicago to the carolinas i'm willing to drive and i will also provide money, food, or transportation if needed.

I hope to see alot of feedback on this topic and a good spot to host this LAN.
    And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Comment

I was hinting at a possible LAN being held in Michigan in the future when I move there in the summer but since the loan I was hoping for didn't come through, I won't have the space to host a full blown LAN :?

Imagine that, I have excellent credit according to all the credit agencies but the bank wouldn't give me the loan because of my credit

Comment

whadda you think phil? roadtrip? :)
        "Well axiom is from Russia...because his name sort of sounds like Axis." -Yellow-Asterisk

Comment

Originally posted by Axiom
          whadda you think phil? roadtrip? :)

With a little forewarning...definetly !! :D

Comment

Planetrip for me if I can make it when you have it

Comment

I'm in for the next N42 Bash!
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

this will be huge....now who's hosting? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                  I was hinting at a possible LAN being held in Michigan in the future when I move there in the summer but since the loan I was hoping for didn't come through, I won't have the space to host a full blown LAN :?

Imagine that, I have excellent credit according to all the credit agencies but the bank wouldn't give me the loan because of my credit
                  Try a different lender...

Comment

This would highly depend on where, and when it is. Seeing as I've never been to a proper LAN, I'd be highly interested. I do have a car, but it's nearly old enough to drink, so I wouldn't want to trust it to a cross country trip.
                    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Woo, party at miko's!

Comment

haha...suprise party!
                        "Well axiom is from Russia...because his name sort of sounds like Axis." -Yellow-Asterisk

Comment

RI here i come.
                          I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                          --Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Total
                            I just had a brain storm...... :shock: :!: :twisted:

There is about 10,000 sqft of empty commercial space in a building next door to the current office. We are actually looking to section off and move into part of this space in the next few months. Maybe.... maybe I can get the property manager to let us use the HUGE empty space for a 72hour LAN or something. We could run an eithernet cable over to the T1's so everyone can play online. Imagine the pings you all would have on the servers.... 2.... 3.... Huge parking lot, lots of food in walking distances, plenty of room for indoor tents or cots & anything else we might need. On the down side, no heat, no water, no toilet & we are one wall from a TV recording studio thats busy recording and broadcasting stuff around 6 - 11pm. So we would have to spend some cash on some heaters and at least one port'a'poty.

Let me talk to the manager first and get some info and I'll get back to you all with the first round of talks 8) I dout this is realistic for insurance reasons and all.... who knows though....
                            Wow...this sounds amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra

Try a different lender...
                              I have thought of that, just haven't had time to research some different lenders.

Though if I stopped wasting time posting in the forums and playing games, I would have time...... :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X