Sad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad.

Some 28 year old dies after playing online games for almost 50 hours straight.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/as...eut/index.html

A friendly reminder that gaming isn't to be taken seriously. If you find yourself quitting your job like the above guy did, to play more games, you need help.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: Sad.

syn where the hell have you been

Comment

He must have been taking speed or something to keep himself awake, theres no way someone is going to die of heart failure after only 50 hours awake. Hell ive done 24 marathons and such and been awake and functioning for 48 or more with no problems, yes it sucks but im not even a physical specimen in the least.

Comment

I stayed up.. I THINK it was 46 or 48 hours exactyl at Anime Express earlier this year. I was shaking and crap and almost had trouble walking in the morning.

Won't be doing that again.

Comment

I see absolutely no point to gaming marathons (or, ANY marathon really...), there's a reason the body needs rest, the body can only take so much. Sometimes I'll play for 3-4 hours and I think that's way too much. Thats just me though.

On road trips I've also stayed up for 24 horus straight jsut to get to my detniation, but that screws me over for like 3-4 days later while my body readjusts, and punishes me for being stupid. Won't be doing that anymore... a cheap motel for a night is well worth the $ compared to the alternative.

Originally posted by Enigma
          syn where the hell have you been
          Been back on TG since BF2 came out ;)

Comment

The longest I have ever played a single game for is probably 12 hours straight. Now, sleep wise, I have gone probably 36 hours without sleep before. Then i sit down and fall over on myself. That is always when I go to a LAN party though. Not as a gaming marathon, but because you exit the game for a minute to go do something, and you realize it is 6:30AM and that your CPU is running at 135 degrees.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
            steve: OMG
            steve: TOO
            root: ****ing hell
            root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Stayed up for near 70 hours back in my Navy days when a critical piece of gear needed to get fixed on the submarine I was on. I supposed it's not near as much fun as he had tho, well, before he died. But I agree, there's a missing element in the story.
              |TG-42nd|Lt James
              Please read our , , , .

Comment

Cur, you were actually doing something important.

He was.. gaming. When I stayed up that long, I was watching anime and talking with people about Half Life 2.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                  Cur, you were actually doing something important.
                  Agreed, if lives are on the line, then by all means. Tho, Cur - did you fnid your focus was extremely limited past the 32 hour mark? Did you make mistakes you had to re-fix later, etc? I wonder if in that senario, your senior officers would have told you to get a few hours of shuteye along the way. I guess we'll never know though, military is a different animal.

Comment

Sleep is what your body uses to reset its electrolyte levels, which deteriorate during the day. A healthy, fit person who is well hydrated can last a very long time before suffering severe problems from electrolyte imbalance. If, on the other hand, you are malnourished and lacking much physical activity, your body will deteriorate much faster to the point where the chemicals in your body become poison and kill you.

Here's a short article about elecrolytes and how they affect your body: http://science.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X