Bow Hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Hunting

Hey everybody, I live in Pennsylvania (near Philly), and was looking for some advice on buying a 45lbs recurve bow. I heard the company "Bear" and "Matthews" are both good. I cant spend over 150$ on the bow probably so looking for one used.

The advice I need is, what bow model is quality for a good price? I'm target shooting, not hunting (yet). help is appreciated! thanks
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: Bow Hunting

The thread is called 'bow hunting', but you say you're more interested in target shooting. Which is correct? I was under the impression that compounds were better for hunting, but I'm far from an expert.

I'd recommend heading over to www.reddit.com/r/archery and looking around there (make sure to read the FAQ and search for a few related terms, they're a bit cranky about people asking obvious questions). Whenever I'm looking to find out more about a particular skill, its subreddit is usually my first port of call.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

For you Dil....

|

Comment

Bear is good, Martin is good, Pearson is pretty good, but an old Hoyt would be great. Make sure someone who knows recurve archery goes with you to buy- making sure a used bow is safe to shoot is really important here, and it's easy to abuse a recurve. (It's also pretty easy to have them last forever if you're not trying to abuse 'em.)

You got your draw length figured out, right? For a new guy, 45lb bows get heavy really quick if you're pulling 31-32", etc.
        OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X