Endless Space Turn Based RTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Space Turn Based RTS

trying out this turned based rts. it feels like a sword of the stars version, but simplified. trying out the beta right now, can get it on steam. should be coming out in july.

Last edited by Vitamin187; 06-13-2012, 05:34 PM.

Re: Endless Space Turn Based RTS

Have you purchased the game yet? I am interested and if you are going to buy it I will too.

Comment

Been playing off and on for a few months now, I really like it. It's incredibly smooth for a beta, the only real problem I had in the alpha was a bug where certain characters (for example; the | in the TG tags) in your Steam name would cause it to crash at the end of the first turn.
      It's absolutely gorgeous and the music is fantastic. The factions are varied and there are an absolute tonne of research options. Planets, heroes, etc. all have little quirks to make them stand out. There's even multiplayer, though I haven't played it myself, as you need to all be online at the same time for the combat (which is sort of 'hands-off' real-time - you give your orders at the start of combat and then watch the battle unfold).
      My only real problem with it is that the fleet and combat management options are a bit limited - you can't have more than five ships in a fleet, and a fleet is controlled as a single unit. So if you enter a battle with two close-range ships, two long-range ships, and a colony ship, they'll all behave the same (i.e. the colony ship will charge into battle and get destroyed, and the long-range ships will keep flying towards the enemy until they're way inside their minimum effective range). Bigger fleets and more control over individual ships or ship types would solve this.
      Other than that sole complaint, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to any sci-fi strategy fan.

Also:

> turn based rts

RTS is real-time strategy. This is TBS, or turn-based strategy, though 4X (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate) games are generally assumed to be turn-based (Sins of a Solar Empire is a notable real-time exception). The more you know! :)
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

You play Sword of the Stars?! Sweeeeet!

I love the original and think they FINALLY are giving us what we paid for with the Sequel. Which man... is crazy.

Sorry for off topic post.

Comment

Is this anything like the classic Masters of Orion series?
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
            Is this anything like the classic Masters of Orion series?
            For me guys, it feels alot more like MASTER OF ORION (the first one) than Sword of Stars. Their are many similarities.
            sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X